For All Your CSS Server comments and requests

CSS Server Suggestions

PostRe: CSS Server Suggestions by Gornil

I really liked what the team balance did with me on Aztoc yesterday.

I was CT and the T's was loosing badly (7-0 or smth) so I decided to balance the whole thing and go to T and help them out. Got to play one round as T (we lost that round) and got swapped over to CT again because of balance.... Kinda weird when everyone (except 1) on T's had 0 kills and CT's. Guess it's just a fluke because I'm so far down the stats, but was kinda annoying. Tried to swap me back, but wasnt as easy this time as Jasper know :p
Energizer bunny arrested, charged with battery.

Gornil

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Norway
» Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:27 pm «Top

PostRe: CSS Server Suggestions by Jimmy

I think you got me wrong Jasp.
It is not unusual that after loosing the pistol round you'll loose the next round too due to weapon disadvantage.
So a score of 0-2 should be no reason to be swapped, because it says nothing about the balance.

What makes me angry is that the fun and motivation to bring up a loosing team, the identification with your teammates trying to find a way to win rounds is not possible the way it is now, when you got swapped around so early or multiple times on a map.

We've got the teamswitch after half of the rounds, so why not let that be enough.
Jimmy

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Germany
» Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:36 pm «Top

PostRe: CSS Server Suggestions by Jasperman

Jimmy wrote:I think you got me wrong Jasp.
It is not unusual that after loosing the pistol round you'll loose the next round too due to weapon disadvantage.
So a score of 0-2 should be no reason to be swapped, because it says nothing about the balance.

What makes me angry is that the fun and motivation to bring up a loosing team, the identification with your teammates trying to find a way to win rounds is not possible the way it is now, when you got swapped around so early or multiple times on a map.

We've got the teamswitch after half of the rounds, so why not let that be enough.

Thats true enough but what happens if without the teamnalance we get gornil, echoz, runner, renegade on the same team against, you me, angel, bex. Would we stand a chance? no. Then come team swap and still no chance would be had. Now you will say that sure they can swap themselves over. Thats perfectly ok, it would sort everything out. Now say there is no admin on. Completely diff players with the same skill go up against each other. You are more likely to quit because its never going to be a balanced match if you are on the losing side. I would gladly hear of alternatives but in my honest opinion I think our Balance system is good. I will create a topic to debate the team balance and try get more peoples view on it. If over all the community doesnt want or wants a different one then what the community says goes. Otherwise we have to live with the current one.
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:12 pm «Top

PostRe: CSS Server Suggestions by Runner

the discusion of team balancing seems to be across a number of topics...

one thing to remember is that whatever system of team balance you employe will always have a weak ness as it will be based on unemtionalised mathmatics through statistical analysis...

I agree with you jimmy that i personal love to try and bring a loosing team up even if we only win a round or two but not everyone is like that - a lot of people get annoyed if theres a power shift....

Basically the "issue" of team balancing is a completly objective matter.

if you have no team balance - people moan for stacking
if you have auto balance - teams end up just as unfair through a random process and no one can level it
if you have a team balancing mod - sometimes you get changed to many times in a map

i think the most fair and most middle of the road option is a team balancing mod as it probally the best middle ground

There is no way of fixing this... i can remove the team balancer if that would be preffered but tbh i think it will cause more complaints than it will solve....
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:22 pm «Top

PostRe: CSS Server Suggestions by EchoZ

The mod is fine, sometimes it's a pain in the arse, doesn't work & makes things awkward... but majority of the time it actually DOES work, it does swap the good players for the lesser players, it's always going to be a problem to some people because they don't like being switched, I for instance always auto assign but tend to almost always end up as a T, you don't hear me complaining that I dislike the auto assign because I prefer to use the M4A1? Simple some people won't like it. But it works so IMO it should stay, unchanged & actually there should be no need for debate. You won't find a better system, they all have flaws.
EchoZ

» Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:25 pm «Top

PostRe: CSS Server Suggestions by Gornil

Yeah, I always auto assign my self, since theres isnt any use in joining the team I like playing on a certain map (I love playing CT on nuke), because you will get swapped half way though anyways. And I really dont care about who I play with or against as long as it's fair teams =)
Energizer bunny arrested, charged with battery.

Gornil

National Flag:
Norway
» Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:46 pm «Top

PostRe: CSS Server Suggestions by EchoZ

Gornil wrote:Yeah, I always auto assign my self, since theres isnt any use in joining the team I like playing on a certain map (I love playing CT on nuke), because you will get swapped half way though anyways. And I really dont care about who I play with or against as long as it's fair teams =)

Teams don't matter to me tbh, yeah I like to be with fun people. But usually when the server is full the banter's roaring through both teams anyways. But CT's would be my fave on most maps on public due to the M4, I've got a real love for it again recently
EchoZ

» Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:39 pm «Top

PostRe: CSS Server Suggestions by Jasperman

[mod="Jasperman"]Please move discussion of Team balance to the Team Balance Topic[/mod]
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:57 pm «Top

PostRe: CSS Server Suggestions by Renegade

New update broke almost all sever plugins so it'll need to be looked into, hopefully just means downloading update versions.

Update really screwed up a lot of plugins for source it killed zblock which is used on every match server :rolleyes:
Renegade

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:54 pm «Top

PostRe: CSS Server Suggestions by wickedwillie

Shouldnt we start events for playing some css rounds? been ages...
wickedwillie

National Flag:
Belgium
» Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:14 am «Top