For All Your CSS Server comments and requests

Team Balance

PostTeam Balance by Jasperman

Well The current team balance has being called into the light. I would like some more opinions on it.

Currently the team balance is the one supplied with HLStatsx. Thus it is based on the statistics of players. The more you change rank the more likely you are to be moved around.

Please post your opinions on our current team balance and whether it should:
  • Be Kept
  • Replaced
  • Team Balance Removed Completely

After a number of replies I will open a vote on this topic to see the outcome.
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Ireland
» Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:16 pm «Top

PostRe: Team Balance by RubberJonny

# Replaced
# Team Balance Removed Completely

If there is a way to have a team balance base the switch on in game scores then that could work but if not it should go. We are meant to be a community after all so the domianting players should be commited to move themselves if they feel they can help a disadvantaged team. Plus admins can always move people how they see fit.

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:44 pm «Top

PostRe: Team Balance by Jimmy

A solution could be to force auto asign.
This way you get rid of winning team joining as well
and no one can say that he wants to be free in choosing the team because of the teams switching at halftime anyway.

That still can create unbalanced teams but I think it's more fairplay for everyone than the current teambalance.
Jimmy

National Flag:
Germany
» Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:01 pm «Top

PostRe: Team Balance by Gornil

Just keep it as it is now, it has some flaws but it generally works good imo
Energizer bunny arrested, charged with battery.

Gornil

National Flag:
Norway
» Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:12 pm «Top

PostRe: Team Balance by wickedwillie

hmmm yeah mite go with Jimmy's idea...

Dont really mind the team balance thingie but can be annoying sometimes if u get moved every round... which happens sometimes :(

Forced auto-balance seems good idea me think... no team stacking with best players and admin can always change teams if they are unbalanced...
I normally pick the auto-balance, sometimes not but thats only if i wanna have fun... then i join the team with the most banter volume :D

And the teams switching at halftime is one of the best decisions on the server me think
wickedwillie

National Flag:
Belgium
» Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:21 pm «Top

PostRe: Team Balance by RubberJonny

Jimmy wrote:A solution could be to force auto asign.

wickedwillie wrote:Forced auto-balance seems good idea me think...

What is this? A dictatorship?
Firstly, it's nice to be able to secure $800 when betting by joining spec and then back to team and secondly, the last time i played the game auto-assign put me on the winning team even though both sides had the same number of players i was outraged and switched myself to the other team.

I know CS:S is competitve for everyone even for those of us who suck we still like to get a decent score but this is meant to be a community so players should be willing to move themselves and if not then admins can move them and if they leave because of it then fuck 'em and that goes for both "community" players and none community players. Work together or fuck off is what i say. I hate CS:S and i still give my time to help get the server populated so the least community players can do is manually switch team if the teams aint fair.

I understand that there are times when there are an equal or greater number of none regular players on and no admin to help out but to be honest it's so rare that i think it can be over looked.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:23 pm «Top

PostRe: Team Balance by thetrooper

keep it as it is ,

different people play better/worse on different maps so it makes no real difference in the long run.

for example ,last night i played 3 maps in a row and killed about 3 people the entire time. then office came on and i kicked ass aand took names.

all of the "good" players have also have a complete mare sometimes (ask gornil :P )

and last of all if we were to add a new team balancing mod to the server how would it affect the gameplay? (by which i mean reg) i think we are fine as we are.

so sayeth the grumpy f***** :D
You take my life but I'll take yours too
You fire your musket but I run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back.

[img=center]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSW8J-yDR6ylK-bH250xyOF0uJClLETJZq4nlNiAXH5VqAJoa5K[/img]

thetrooper

» Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:01 pm «Top

PostRe: Team Balance by Runner

alright i know i havent been around much over xmas, but generally never expirienced any major problems with balancing... its based upon stats so the regulars (ie everyone reading this :P) will be changed more offten than randomers but generally i think that it does a good job - I very regulary get swapped for someone on the other team that has a piss poor score, sometimes makes my rage worse if im having a bad sesh but it does tend to shuffle highscoreing players about :)

auto force is idealistic - all it guarentees is that there is no choice - it will not get you better teams, it will only restrict the balancing of the teams to complete and utter random chance which will never be better than allowing people to make an informed decission as the majority of us do change teams to level.

also at the end of the day one team always has to loose and as troop pointed out players can be epic one map and then the next they suck (orvisa versa) i know that happens to me and its not just specific maps - sometimes i own sometimes i get owned... :)
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:14 pm «Top

PostRe: Team Balance by AngryCrocodile

Maybe tweak the current system? have it take into account score and stats as opposed to just stats? and limit how often it balances to every other round maybe?
AngryCrocodile

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:50 pm «Top

PostRe: Team Balance by Runner

yer i'll look into it more when we have the stats working because the team balance is actually handled throuigh our stats package and because we keep resetting the stats package it has very little data to know who or how to balance thus the eratic behaviour of recent weeks :)

The stats are on the mend and jasper is doing sonme fantastic work on them but he is atm trying to host the stats of a different location for safer (cheaper) useage and as soon as he cracks that the stats and there for the team balance will be back up to speed :) but please bare with us in the mean time :)
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:10 pm «Top