For Those Of You Hook Up To Franchises

Nvidia portable Gaming

PostRe: Nvidia portable Gaming by Jasperman

RubberJonny wrote:
Jasperman wrote:Doesnt it say streaming your steam library.....
Yeah, there appears to be a lot of restrictions and vagueness around its functionality.

From what i hear you have to have an Nvidia GPU in your PC and you can only stream games from your PC which sounds like you have to be on the same network to access it... So why not just play on your PC?

Hopefully more details will be revealed during CES. I think Nvidia have potential with how quickly their tech is advancing but so far i have no idea what they are trying to do with this device.

Peace!

VPNs may be a solution here but could the console handle it is another question
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Ireland
» Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:27 pm «Top

PostRe: Nvidia portable Gaming by Roosell

If you have to be on the same network that's pretty stupid, I'd just use my PC if I wanted to play games in my house.

Maybe by streaming they mean how the PSP can act as a screen for your PS3 games via 'Remote Play.' Had an old friend of mine come to London, turn on his PS3 in Liverpool and play GT4 on his PSP infront of me.
RIP Cuervo
Roosell

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Canada
» Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:04 pm «Top

PostRe: Nvidia portable Gaming by RubberJonny

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com
The Freedom to be AFK
Featuring a new and innovative PC game streaming capability available in BETA at launch*, SHIELD gives you the power to wirelessly access your GeForce® GTX-powered computer from the comfort of your couch. Play your favorite PC games on a full-size controller with ultra-low latency thanks to SHIELD's game-speed Wi-Fi and the fast performance of GeForce GTX GPUs.

*NOTE: PC Streaming will release as a beta feature at launch.

It appears to be an android tablet with a game pad and tiny screen. I'm at a loss as to why they have even bothered. Until the price drops and they make it so it can be used to play PC games from anywhere it serves no purpose, imo.

Website.

Peace Out!
Jonny!

EDIT: Reviews.
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:28 pm «Top

PostRe: Nvidia portable Gaming by Roosell

When the PC streaming thing comes out of Beta I'll have another look, but to me right now it's another overpriced Android device to play 99p games on.
RIP Cuervo
Roosell

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Canada
» Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:42 pm «Top