For Those Of You Hook Up To Franchises

Nvidia portable Gaming

PostNvidia portable Gaming by Runner

Was just flicking through the bbc news website and came across an article about nvidia's new prototype hand held games device which was recently showcased to the media at CES 2013.

Thought it was quite odd move for the company but quite interesting competition to the closed loops of xbox/playstation norms - steam on a mobile gaming device, hmm sounds good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20931265
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:03 pm «Top

PostRe: Nvidia portable Gaming by Shanks

just looks like a ps2 controller size of an xbox one with a screen attached to it :/
Shanks

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:45 pm «Top

PostRe: Nvidia portable Gaming by Runner

Shanks wrote:just looks like a ps2 controller size of an xbox one with a screen attached to it :/

What I find funny is it looks exactly the same as something I drew when I was 11, obviously my talents are either wasted or nvidia's new design direction is as stupid as I was 13 years ago XD
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:05 pm «Top

PostRe: Nvidia portable Gaming by Trevor Hanley

Runner wrote:
Shanks wrote:just looks like a ps2 controller size of an xbox one with a screen attached to it :/

What I find funny is it looks exactly the same as something I drew when I was 11, obviously my talents are either wasted or nvidia's new design direction is as stupid as I was 13 years ago XD

At least it's not as stupid as you are now...

Interesting to see them trying to diversify. But kind of worries me that they feel the need...
I'm a poo

Trevor Hanley

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
United Arab Emirates
» Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:12 pm «Top

PostRe: Nvidia portable Gaming by Renegade

Really don't see the point in it RPS sums it up the best i think...

And it looks… well…

It looks like the morbid result of some The Fly-like teleportation accident. A store brand 360 controller was attempting to teleport itself across the room, but unbeknownst to it a DSi XL had flown into the pod. Watch the terrible results as its life falls apart.

What I’m saying is: it looks ridiculous.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/01 ... ooks-daft/
Renegade

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:47 pm «Top

PostRe: Nvidia portable Gaming by Roosell

Ergonomically it looks god awful, but the idea of a portable version of my Steam library is very appealing.
RIP Cuervo
Roosell

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Canada
» Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:05 am «Top

Roosell wrote:Ergonomically it looks god awful, but the idea of a portable version of my Steam library is very appealing.

agreed
Signed Runner

Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:41 am «Top

PostRe: Nvidia portable Gaming by Jasperman

Runner wrote:
Roosell wrote:Ergonomically it looks god awful, but the idea of a portable version of my Steam library is very appealing.

agreed

Doesnt it say streaming your steam library.....
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:52 am «Top

PostRe: Nvidia portable Gaming by RubberJonny

Jasperman wrote:Doesnt it say streaming your steam library.....
Yeah, there appears to be a lot of restrictions and vagueness around its functionality.

From what i hear you have to have an Nvidia GPU in your PC and you can only stream games from your PC which sounds like you have to be on the same network to access it... So why not just play on your PC?

Hopefully more details will be revealed during CES. I think Nvidia have potential with how quickly their tech is advancing but so far i have no idea what they are trying to do with this device.

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:52 am «Top

RubberJonny wrote:
Jasperman wrote:Doesnt it say streaming your steam library.....
Yeah, there appears to be a lot of restrictions and vagueness around its functionality.

From what i hear you have to have an Nvidia GPU in your PC and you can only stream games from your PC which sounds like you have to be on the same network to access it... So why not just play on your PC?

Hopefully more details will be revealed during CES. I think Nvidia have potential with how quickly their tech is advancing but so far i have no idea what they are trying to do with this device.

Peace!

Totally agree
Signed Runner

Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:46 pm «Top