For Those Of You Hook Up To Franchises

Wii U

PostWii U by RubberJonny

Wii U to be released in November! (Sure would make a nice birthday present *nudge-nudge-wink-wink*)

From the Kotaku article Everything You Need to Know About The Wii U (That Nintendo Was Willing To Tell Us):
  • The basic version includes the console (which is way more powerful than the Wii and somewhere in the ballpark of the PS3/Xbox360, give or take... probably better, not worse), the GamePad (the signature of the system, a controller with a 6.2-inch screen, two analog thumbsticks, a forward-facing camera, a bunch of face buttons and a gyro sensor), 8GB of on-board memory, AC adapters for the console and controller, a sensor bar (take that, Japan) and—surprise!—an HDMI cable. It's white. It does not come with any Wii Remotes, which will be used in many multiplayer games. Hopefully you have some. They need to be Wii Remote Pluses.
  • The Deluxe Set, which has all of the above (in stylish black, no less), though with 32GB of on-board memory, a console stand, a charging cradle for the GamePad and a membership in something called the Deluxe Digital Promotion (DDP!), which will provide discounts for digital downloads, through 2014. The Deluxe version comes with Wii U flagship game Nintendo Land packed in.
  • They made a thing for it called TVii that is both a crime against the English language and a new service for letting users watch streaming video from sources like Hulu, Netflix and YouTube on the Wii U GamePad, even if someone else in the house is using the TV that the Wii U is hooked up to. It'll even pull stuff that was DVR'd on your TiVo.
  • Nintendo has declared that some 50 games will be out in the system's launch window, which opens on November 18 and closes on March 31. Those games include ZombiU, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101 (Formerly Project 100), Assassin's Creed III, Mass Effect 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, Lego City Undercover, Wii Fit U and a lot more. Here's the whole list.
  • The Wii U will offer a sort of gamer's social network called MiiVerse.
My only concern is the price of the Wii U but even so i'm loving it and although Microsoft (and maybe Sony) will copy all its best features and make a better console (tech wise) Nintendo have the innovation and certainly the funds (from all the Wii sales) to keep the Wii U ahead of the pack.
I can't wait to hear more.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:28 pm «Top

PostRe: Wii U by RubberJonny

Nintendo TVii Trailer:
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

ZombiU Trailer:
(Trailer is terrible but the game looks good).
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:24 pm «Top

PostRe: Wii U by Runner

Anyone actually played a Wii U yet, the concept of the consol looks like a gimmick to far for me but would be interested to hear if anyone has enjoyed using it?
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:35 pm «Top

PostRe: Wii U by Roosell

I wound up buying one on Black Friday. Genuinely impressed with it, the GamePad controller is super good. Love being able to use it as the main screen if Amy walks in and wants to watch some shit TV - I can carry on playing a consol game on a handheld and not have to leave the room.

Wind Waker remake is good (obviously) as is Super Mario 3D World, but other titles are thin on the ground.
RIP Cuervo
Roosell

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Canada
» Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:07 pm «Top

ah cool good to know, I have always been quite condemming of it, I'll have to give it ago. I must admit the zombie video posted above by jonny does show the worth of second screen.
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:31 pm «Top

Roosell wrote:Wind Waker remake is good (obviously) as is Super Mario 3D World, but other titles are thin on the ground.
Aye, but it is my understanding that it plays original Wii games so there is still a lot there especially for those of us who never owned the Wii. Though, of course, this limits the use of the U gamepad.

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 is one of the best gaming experiences i've ever had. Say what you want about the use of the Wii remote and nunchuck in any other game but Tenkaichi 2 fully justified their existance. I heard that 3 didn't quite deliver the same experience.

Ka-me-ha-me-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Runner wrote:... the concept of the console looks like a gimmick...
Everything different is a gimmick until you find a use for it.
Runner wrote:... zombie video posted above by Jonny does show the worth of second screen.
I was sad to hear ZombiU fell short of expectations.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:55 pm «Top

Rubberjonny wrote:
Runner wrote:... the concept of the console looks like a gimmick...
Everything different is a gimmick until you find a use for it.
Runner wrote:... zombie video posted above by Jonny does show the worth of second screen.
I was sad to hear ZombiU fell short of expectations.

very true sir :)
Signed Runner

Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:35 pm «Top

PostRe: Wii U by Roosell

Yeah it does play Wii games, think it makes them HD too? Can't confirm as I haven't played any on it yet - but I remember if you use an ISO of a Wii game on a PC Emulator then it renders them in HD (not upscales, full on works in HD...bizzarely.) Will check that.

DBZ LONGNAME 2 was a great Wii game. Actually physically casting the Kamehameha was a great addition to a fighting game which are traditionally "Who can mash buttons the fastest" in my eyes.
RIP Cuervo
Roosell

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Canada
» Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:00 pm «Top

Roosell wrote:... "Who can mash buttons the fastest" in my eyes.
You shut your whore mouth!

Super Smash Bros. is a title to look forward to. Though i have no idea how they will implement the gamepad.

I still think Nintendo really fucked up by not allowing 4+ players to use a gamepad. They had no reason to rush the launch of the U they should have taken their time with it.

That being said, this should be a thing.

Peace!
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:57 pm «Top