TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Ireland
» Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:35 am «Top

PostRe: XBox - Kinect by Gweggles

I played with Kinect a few weeks ago. There looks to be a few good and bad points.
Good
It's fun. I can see a lot of kids going for it. There isn't anything else that tracks your whole body.
The camera follows you. There is a motor in the camera system that follows you around your room. When someone else joins in or leaves, the camera pans out/in respectively. So you don't have to mess around adjusting the camera.
You can control it with your voice. Although I can see poeple with accents having problems.

Bad

You need a lot of room. It tracks your whole body so you need plenty of space. Not good if you still live with your parents in the small room.
It's expensive. They will compare it to the PS3 and Wii in a way to show you that it's cheaper. This is true, but only if you pay for lots of accessories. With Kinect you have no choice in what you buy. i.e. You have to spend £130 or whatever it is. It will allow you to play with friends, but it's a large leap for those you just want to play on their own.
It's not very accurate. With the Move, you can accurately control the table tennis racket for instance. With Kinect it's more like slap tennis.
Gweggles

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:14 pm «Top

PostRe: XBox - Kinect by RubberJonny

You know that's just choreographed :P I don't believe for a second that it'll be anywhere near as that advanced especially when that video was released 17 months ago and they are only just now releasing the finished product.

It's gonna be shit but they definitely make it look cool.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:20 pm «Top

PostRe: XBox - Kinect by Runner

well i'll save my judgemen till i use it... My current opinion is same as what i thought about the wii remote when that came out - its a gimic aimed at casual gamers... ie families and small children.

Like the wii i cant see any games getting accurate controls or complex gameplay but unlike the wii its fecking expensive... so i think they have missed the market here - too late - too expensive... i guess its in the hands of the developers if they can find a way to use it.

If some one can come up with a truly brilliant 4 player party style game then this could kick off :) because as consols have just turned into underpowered single player pc rip offs, it would be nice to see some single screen, single consol multiplay games from this (as thats what consol should be about imo) i sadly doubt they'll be worth playing but i really hope to be prooved wrong.

But having had an eyetoy when that came out I can see the hilarety in multiplay games (only if drunk or mentally imparred) as although the eye toy was a shitty webcam bodge job the games could be quite funny, if kinect can really develope some new play style it would be great.

I hope they follow up on the videos content and then push it further - if they do that ill buy one with my housemates - the xbox has the market like the ps2 does so the kinect should kick off

Typical sony making the "move" - ever since the PS2 they have been sleeping... the move looks too me like the ps3 itself: an amazing bit of hardware that is technically better than its rivals but fucking late to the market, more expensive than the established rival and lacking in big name titles....

I think the move could do all the things that the wii remote should of done being that the tech behind it is far more precise but just because its better quality doesnt mean it will survive look at beta max and VHS and the wii is a very successful and accesible modern day vhs lol when will sony learn... (they should of done this with the ps3 release instead of six axis - bunch of numptys)

-- Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:49 pm --

just you tubed these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPETmG_B ... re=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UuaBPMEgmY

but thats just their opinions

i found the two best games for having people over is the olympics and flatout multiplayer because anyone can play them and the kinect could do this - but in the same way the wii already sorta does :P

-- Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:31 pm --

im looking forward to hear some feedback from the people that fucking qued for this last night :P i hope its successful
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:31 pm «Top

PostRe: XBox - Kinect by iLL

I got the chance to try it out tonight, and it was great fun :) Played some kinect-adventures and a dancing game.
iLL

National Flag:
Sweden
» Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:56 am «Top

PostRe: XBox - Kinect by Jasperman

Just placed my booking for one ill have it on the 25th :( (hate waiting)
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:58 pm «Top

PostRe: XBox - Kinect by thetrooper

did you all know its been hacked (one day after release :P ) to run on pc and mac ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/c ... 210071.stm
You take my life but I'll take yours too
You fire your musket but I run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back.

[img=center]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSW8J-yDR6ylK-bH250xyOF0uJClLETJZq4nlNiAXH5VqAJoa5K[/img]

thetrooper

» Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:47 pm «Top

PostRe: XBox - Kinect by iLL

And I believe they did that on purpose :ph34r:
iLL

National Flag:
Sweden
» Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:48 pm «Top

PostRe: XBox - Kinect by Jasperman

mowhahahahh!
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:16 pm «Top

PostRe: XBox - Kinect by Runner

so ill/jasper whats it like... is it the gimic bullshit i was saying or the revolution in gaming? lol
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:40 pm «Top