For Those Of You Hook Up To Franchises

OUYA - Open Source Games Console

PostRe: OUYA - Open Source Games Console by Roosell

Chef wrote:https://plus.google.com/app/basic/photos/102202548872093036310/album/5894556708872658465/5894556708918297730?cbp=kfwcozvkglh0&sview=2&spath=/app/basic/stream

It has arrived

Fuck the OUYA arrived, get that baby on the floor it's taking up sofa space!
RIP Cuervo
Roosell

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Canada
» Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:40 am «Top

PostRe: OUYA - Open Source Games Console by RubberJonny

Roosell wrote:
"Fuck, the OUYA arrived, get that baby on the floor it's taking up sofa space!"
:lol: Thought the same thing :D
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:10 pm «Top

PostRe: OUYA - Open Source Games Console by Chef

baby is on the floor
Chef
Dungeon Master

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:34 am «Top

PostRe: OUYA - Open Source Games Console by Runner

Chef wrote:baby is on the floor

News flash

Also I'd be interested to hear what its like, I have seen a lot of poor reports/reviews, looks too me like it has the build quality of a McDonalds toy
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:48 am «Top

Runner wrote:Also I'd be interested to hear what its like, I have seen a lot of poor reports/reviews, looks too me like it has the build quality of a McDonalds toy.
PAR review. It's the first review i saw and i wasn't quite sure what to expect as the PA Comic kinda made fun of the OUYA a little but it's easily the best review i've seen. It's a real review of the product before them and not what absolute idiots expected the OUYA to be.

The biggest problem is that people are idiots a lot of people seem to plug their OUYA in and respond with "What's this bullshit? It's a bunch of games i have on my phone already!"... That was their entire fucking campaign (other than the open source aspect). It was in no way some big secret or misdirection. "Play games you have on your phone in 1080p from the comfort of your couch with friends" is almost exactly how they described the purpose of the OUYA.
In the same vein, though it was an early misconception that i haven't seen so much recently, a lot of people thought the OUYA was intended to be some sort of competitor to the current/next gen consoles... Again there was absolutely no indication of this being the case as though the $99 price tag didn't give it away in the first place.

As for gaming and it's open source-ness i can only parrot what i've read. The highlights for me:
  • Open platform for Indie Developers.
  • Tonnes of free games/demos.
  • Emulators and ROMs.
  • XBOX and Playstation controller support.
  • Hook up a keyboard and mouse and you have a little Android computer.
Nothing is ever perfect on launch and the few issues i know of will be ironed out before long. The OUYA delivers, the only question is if it's some thing you want.

PAR review. Read it.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:27 pm «Top

PostRe: OUYA - Open Source Games Console by Chef

build quality better than wii... free games. its not am xbox so dont expect it to be
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:27 pm «Top

Razer has acquired OUYA. I'm excited, if a little apprehensive, to see where this goes.

They do not own the hardware so it looks like they will make a new console which will be rebranded Cortez TV to go along side Razer's Forge TV.

Razer CEO AMA

Peace Out!
Jonny!
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:15 pm «Top