For Any Other Media Like YouTubeVideos...

Science!

PostScience! by RubberJonny

I recently discovered this channel, through Boing Boing, and I find the videos extremely interesting

Sixty Symbols

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Last edited by RubberJonny on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:46 pm «Top

PostRe: Science! by Dei

Yeah, i've been a subscriber for a while :)

You ever had a read of Uriels Machine? Its basically the history of man kind, based on fact...one thing it proves is that the Neanderthals were a separate race from us, and that humans haven't evolved in over 100,000 years.

Then again, its all about faith. But the facts and experiments in the book are solid..you can do the experiments yourself to see.

ps. not for those who believe in the actual jesus christ... then again its a matter of faith isnt it?
You need only two tools in life: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.
Dei

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Earth
» Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:08 pm «Top

PostRe: Science! by Chef

indeed, but it is through a neanderthal heratage we get such things as red/ginger hair, blue eyes etc..

essentially we out bred them and bred with them to create what we are today.
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:32 pm «Top

PostRe: Science! by Dei

i don't know if that's true, DNA was extracted from an ancient Neanderthal found in Germany, and when compared with the corresponding region in modern humans and chimpanzees, the Neanderthal-human difference was 3 times greater than the average difference among modern humans. So experts saw that the Neanderthal DNA structure was unlike any modern human sequence. So its unlikely that the Neanderthals contributed to the modern humans DNA pool.

Wh-wh-whammy....
You need only two tools in life: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.
Dei

National Flag:
Earth
» Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:45 pm «Top

oooh I feel that although you may be right for that region, we subsusumed the neaderthal. you obviously haven't been to basildon on a saturday night. the evidence is startling.

non conclusive evidence.. and as Nic will tell you, unless there is absoultely unequivical proof i choose not to believe.

FYI Einstein was wrong, light speed is possible, just not with modern technology.
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:20 pm «Top

PostRe: Science! by Snake

actually in regards to DNA, from what i have been learning, some Neanderthal DNA if you like, has survived in us at this present time. It is hypothesised that due to human migration there has been some cross-breeding. Hence why we have some of their DNA still...

AND Einstein's equations still hold true in certain conditions (theoretically). In other cases, yes, it is said that light speed is possible. FTL (faster than light) is also theoretically possible too.
Snake

» Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:39 am «Top

Snake i like you, can i phone you up when Nic and I are having a discussion about the finer points of physics
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:27 pm «Top

PostRe: Science! by Snake

I don't know that much physics :) Just the stuff I'm interested in. Chemistry, however, I do :).

Skype conversations? :D

On a side note, you can't really talk about chemistry the way you can with physics.
Snake

» Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:23 am «Top

PostRe: Science! by X0R

Take a look at HousholdHacker. Alot of good vids over there.
X0R

» Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:44 pm «Top

PostRe: Science! by Runner

The conecpt of time is what interests me the most cause with all our intellegnce (or lack of it sometimes...) time is surely un-quanitifable (i suggest you only read his if you have a good 30 mins or so XD)

For example the stars and galaxy's visble to the eye and the telescope a so far away that the light has taken so long to travel to the point in time were it finally meets our eyes that we are then looking at something that has already happened, so you could then consider that we are actualy looking into the past.

So then you could consider that if you where to travel faster than the speed of light that you could travel in time - but im not so sure that to arrive at something far away before the light does that you could justify that as an act of defying time but i would say that to do so you would be traveling within our perception of time but then again is time only something that we perseave... cus yes if you speed to a star that your looking at on earth and arrive there FTL to get to the star and find that it has died even tho back on earth you can still see the star - is that time travel - i dont think so - just because on that basis time would only exsist in a visble paramiter bound by the limitations of light and how fast it travels.

I mean surely if travelling faster than light is time travel then would you age during your FTL period??? surely no matter how fast you move you still spend time moving there for your not exceeding time... For example you except that you hear a supersonic plane or car after you see it (because light travels faster than sound) so to see something after it has happened due to its distance from the event surely time hasn't changed its just (like the delay in sound to light) an effect of the transistion of light speed through distances we can't comprhend, so to define that example of traveling to the star FTL and for it to be time travel then what you describe as time is bound to the physical laws and limitations of light... bare in mind then that what we deescribe as "light" is a very minor range withing the spectrum that is visable to us - we define everything by what we have descovered and judge time in something we can measure. So does time only exist for beings that have the ability to comprehend it???

Surely to believe in time travel you must there fore surely believe that time is not linear but infinite because if in the instance someone or something creating a machine capable of time travel then the existance of such a tool would remove the ability for time to have a beginning or aever come to an end as with the ability to move around periods of time you could always avoid the end happening by travelling backwards creating a circle, because with the ability to move back and forth through time how could time ever end. If you posses the power to move back or forward in time then time becomes an unlimited quantity. But this is hard to believe because all our understanding of life and science is based around the rules and princibles that ultimatley every event has a start and and end... thats how we have come to justify everything.

But then if you believe that time is linear and that there fore time travel is impossible then how do you explain or justify the void of nothing. What is before and after the start and the end, and indeed if you are thinking about a before and after surely a before or after would halt the justifcation and possibilty for an end or a start to exist if something proceessed or preludes those events. If a void is in existance is is then part of the linear structure. How can nothing exist because to exist contradicts the term nothing... you get my drift...

Linear for time is a contracdiction as how can something start from nothing and how can it end; if the universe started from nothing and then ends with nothing then surely the start and the end are linked together... surely then when the end comes your back to what was the beginning, surely to revert to nothing that in it self is a cycle... But the prospect of Infinity in time contradicts everything we understand and value as how does a circle come into existance anyway lol

LOL it s a mind fuck of epic proportions - i hope i made sense, i'd be interested to see what you guys think

personally im neither here nore there on the subject, i can't decided wether time is linear or a cycle... i dont believe in either as they contradict themselves and each other but that means i beleive in nothing which again i dont belive in hahahaha - i can understand why relgion exists even if i dont believe in an relgion - i think i find and love the concept of time and the human mind as it trys to define and catogarise something that is probally undefinable

answers are never as exciting as the questions they come from so are we as a race to stupid - or too clever...

(anyone would think im stoned - cant be bothered to spell check or read through, u can fill in the gaps)
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:35 pm «Top