For Any Other Media Like YouTubeVideos...

Open Culture - Free Online Courses

PostOpen Culture - Free Online Courses by RubberJonny

700 Free Online Courses from Top Universities.
Get free online courses from the world’s leading universities. This collection includes over 675 free courses in the liberal arts and sciences. Download these audio & video courses straight to your computer or mp3 player.
This shizz is brilliant and offers so much information for free! You wanna learn something, whether for work or fun, it's here!
Here's what caught my eye and allowed me to stumble upon this compendium of knowledge:

Learn to Code with Harvard’s Intro to Computer Science Course And Other Free Tech Classes.
Professor Malan has become something of a hot shot at Harvard. His mission—to make computer science more accessible and far less daunting. He’s done this in part by generously making several of his courses available free online to non-Harvard students.

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com
Topics include abstraction, algorithms, encapsulation, data structures, databases, memory management, security, software development, virtualization, and websites. Languages include C, PHP, and JavaScript plus SQL, CSS, and HTML. Problem sets inspired by real-world domains of biology, cryptography, finance, forensics, and gaming. Designed for concentrators and non-concentrators alike, with or without prior programming experience.
... Malan offers the following [free] courses for those who want to pursue programming or web design further:

And the Geek Shall Inherit the Earth - TED Talk
vimeo.com Video from : vimeo.com

I know it can be hard to motivate yourself to learn new stuff when you can't be sure you'll ever apply it and especially when you could be watching cat videos instead. So with this in mind i would love it if we could make a TBC Study Group where users could incentivise each other to use their spare time to learn together. I find having someone to share with helps greatly when trying something new and gives people a reason to implement and improve their learned skills.

Feel free to post your interests below and hopefully you'll find other users that will want to share in your experience.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Last edited by RubberJonny on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:59 pm «Top

PostRe: Open Culture - Free Online Courses by AngryCrocodile

I like the look of this post, and shall investigate it when I get back from work.
AngryCrocodile

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:00 am «Top

PostRe: Open Culture - Free Online Courses by Runner

cheers for this jonny, watching some of the web stuff now :D
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:20 pm «Top