Music Music Music....

Best Music News of 2010

PostBest Music News of 2010 by Runner

http://www.fooarchive.com/news/?p=221

THANK FUCK

also the support acts are biffy clyro (one of my fsavourite bands) and death cab for cutie (another one of my favourite bands) and jimmy eat world (how are great :P)
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:08 am «Top

PostRe: Best Music News of 2010 by RubberJonny

This thread is far too subjective. I disagree whole heartedly with your post being under the name of this thread based on the bands you have chosen. Saying that mainstream music has offended me so much in recent years that i have stopped paying attention to it all and only follow bands and artists that i'm already a fan of and the occasional artists i happen to stumble across on Youtube. So based on that these bands could fully well be viewed as the best 2010 mainstream has had to offer so far.

Eninem's Recovery was a terrible disappointment for me especially as mainstream Hip Hop is now in need of saving. Although Xzibit's new album will be the shit when it drops i'm not sure he is big enough to make the necessary change :(

tl;dr
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:19 pm «Top

PostRe: Best Music News of 2010 by Nickers

hmmm when do tickets go on sale?
I have been a nerd since long before I could have heard
That bookish girls should look and act a certain way
And I'll still be a geek when I am utterly antique

Nickers

National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:29 pm «Top

PostRe: Best Music News of 2010 by Runner

Jonny you raise interesting points but for example Biffy clyro brought out 3 albums and know one had heard of them in the mainstream but yet they had a cult following of fans that travelled to gigs that biffy were just support acts for and the chanting and atmosphere for them created by us was better than what the fans of the headliners could put out afterwoulds... :P

[spoiler]Basically they have been going for ages and they brought out a more playful album called "puzzle" which became massive festival hits (being as they have played at read and T + other festivals every year since i can remember) they music hit the spotlight for the first time.

The latest album "lonely revelations" is deffinatly their most playful and probally most played of all their material on the radio i mean im in my office and their song "bubbles" is playing now on xfm :P so yes they have become what you could now call mainstream through their rise in popularity but its only what they deserve as they have gig'd their way pationatly through the last decade winning over their public and it took them about 7 years before widely recongised.

Foo Fighters are probally the biggest rock band of their time, I would make Led Zeppiln comparisons - but i am a fan so you may all dissaggree, but Led zeppelin themselfs started from nothing and became probally the best band off all time - were they mainstream?? they were deffinatly successful.... The truth is Foo's make all of their music they are proper musicians - even now with their latest album they have reverted to using tape decks to record their album as they dont like the pro tools mainstream put it through ciomputer approach... Foo Fighters are friends making music for fun in their garage, their not mainstream they are just appriciated :)[/spoiler]

I dunno I just consider the term mainstream to denote a band that has few musical credentials who have scored fame through clever marketing and radio spamming without having actually "made" music, more been managed well by a producer that sets them up with a sound that people will like and buy bands like mcfly, scouting for girls and others that become massive hits even before anyones actually heard their music... So in that sense i aggree with you i very much hate what i describe as mainstream music and the radio fucks me off..

basically if a small band gets big dont bring hate -just becasue a band ends up on the radio doesn't make them the same as the pop factory shit like scouting for girls and just because its on you tube doesnt give it better heritage and more so consider the heritage of a band before you compare them to the low quality money making ethos of what i would consider mainstream/pop. IE: bands like kings of leon and biffy especially have put their hard graft in (they would of been on you tube it was the medium it is now when their debut), they are not britney spears - they are talented musicians :P

Judge a Band by what they sound like, not by how many people like them.... but at the end of the day who gives a smeg diversity in taste is what keeps conversations going, if we all thought the same thing how boring would that be :P

Peace
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:21 am «Top

PostRe: Best Music News of 2010 by Nickers

that's all well and good Runner but when do tickets go on sale! :P
I have been a nerd since long before I could have heard
That bookish girls should look and act a certain way
And I'll still be a geek when I am utterly antique

Nickers

National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:45 am «Top

5th november 9 am - ticketmaster + gigsandtours.com

:) :)
Signed Runner

Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:28 pm «Top

PostRe: Best Music News of 2010 by RubberJonny

Reread my post Runner... I'm not hating on the mainstream for the sake of it i, infact, have used the exact same Led Zeppelin argument as you with many people irl who hate mainstream just because it's mainstream. if you read what i posted i said:

RubberJonny wrote:... mainstream music has offended me so much in recent years... these bands could fully well be viewed as the best 2010 mainstream has had to offer so far.

I then go on to say:

RubberJonny wrote:... mainstream Hip Hop is now in need of saving.

Clearly i'm not hating mainstream in general, yes i pick issue with the bands you cosider the best but not because they are popular but because their music is bland and is just helping to define the current mainstream or just making no effort to bring it out of it's current slump.
On top of this I have liked a few Biffy Clyro tracks back in their early days or atleast when they first had music videos played on MTV2, not that i would call myself a fan but the Foo Fighters on the other hand I've been a fan of for most of my life but i was deeply disappointed by their last album and i hope that their next release will meet previous standards but this Topic is focussing on this year and this year has pretty much sucked balls within the mainstream.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:15 pm «Top

yer actually your right - all my favourite albums this year (and there hasn't been many) have been from bands that have made better albums prior to their 2010 releases and unless anyone can remind me i can't think of any truley all inspiring new acts or sounds this year.... i guess that whys im so excited by a new old heavey foos album as tbh im bored :)

Lol so bored at work that my last post turned into a monolgue - so so so bored it was meant to be like a few lines hahahaha
Signed Runner

Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:31 pm «Top

PostRe: Best Music News of 2010 by Chef

Sorry Runner I have one thing to say..

Biffy are one of the biggest disappointments and a complete disgrace to the lineage of British rock.

Far too American pastiche, and i would place them in the same league as 30 Seconds to Mars.

chef
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:56 pm «Top

PostRe: Best Music News of 2010 by Shanks

hahaha its so true chef also like kings of leon they have destoryed themselves what happend to the real kings of leon from the first 2 albums :( not this same sounding band thats is called kings of leon now :(

but the foo'sin my opinon have more or less stuck to their guns from the very start
Shanks

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:35 pm «Top