Talk About All That Stuff About TV Shows!

Sherlock (the BBC one)

PostRe: Sherlock (the BBC one) by Trevor Hanley

I was so excited when Dr Who finished and it had a sherlock trailer. :dance:
I'm a poo

Trevor Hanley

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
United Arab Emirates
» Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:11 pm «Top

PostRe: Sherlock (the BBC one) by RubberJonny

Anybody else disappointed? This season was all rather dumb, imo.
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:58 pm «Top

PostRe: Sherlock (the BBC one) by Shanks

hmm i dunno i think its not been as great but its still probably was one of the best things on tv.
Shanks

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:01 pm «Top

PostRe: Sherlock (the BBC one) by Nickers

still not watched Sunday's episode yet....
I have been a nerd since long before I could have heard
That bookish girls should look and act a certain way
And I'll still be a geek when I am utterly antique

Nickers

National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:05 am «Top

PostRe: Sherlock (the BBC one) by Chef

fanbloodytastic!
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:37 pm «Top

PostRe: Sherlock (the BBC one) by Runner

RubberJonny wrote:Anybody else disappointed? This season was all rather dumb, imo.

I haven't watched the first two series, only started this one because Trevor was over on nye and we watched the first episode in a hungover state the next day.
Definitely think its one of the better things on TV but still falls over the same old "not so shocking shock factor" hurdle like most scripts piss me off. But the personality of the show is great, the cut scenes of him reasoning in a limbo state visually is a great idea and bloody well executed and I love how the story line chops about much like his thought process, meaning you have to keep up. But yes in short I thought it fell short of the hype in terms of narrative.

I thought the 3rd episode was great up until the moment sherlock drugged his family. The line "John did you bring your gun like I asked" told me he was going to shoot Rupert Murdock a long time before it happened - its lazy and poor story telling as its mearly a line to justify the means of the ending as they never carry guns in the other 2 episodes. It was mind fecking obvious from the exchange in the cafe (where he took of his glasses) that the vaults where his memory - logically he was always going to shoot him and it was disappointing that A) that was the end for a battle of the minds... B) it had to be justified with the weak "did you bring a gun" spoon feed of a line and C) that it took Sherlock like nearly 30 mins of screen time to figure out there was no vault. I agree it was dumb, something more befitting of steven seagal, I was watching the program to see Sherlock outsmart his enemy, granted the logical option was to shoot him but the whole point is sherlock disarms people with his mind not with a karate kick or gun in his hand. As I said above one of the most celebrated aspects of this show for me is the fact that you have to pay attention to keep up and well in this episode I felt like I was waiting a long time for sherlock to catch up with the plot himself.

The build up of the episode was great though I was really getting into it and the introduction of Mary being an assassin was the first plot twist I've watched since utopia that was shocking, unpredictable and successful - shame that the episode then wondered off to a non-event. This show has to be careful as its got more resurrections than a zombie film and so many fake goodbyes that it risks becoming a cheap whore.
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:16 pm «Top

PostRe: Sherlock (the BBC one) by Deadpunk

I agree with Runner here, I hate Murdoch more than can be healthy but this was very heavy-handed and the spoiler at the end was obvious for a long time. The spoiler near the start was excellent though.

The first two series have much better writing so they will be a treat if you track them down.
I'm an alligator, I'm a mama-papa coming for you
I'm the space invader, I'll be a rock 'n' rollin' bitch for you
Deadpunk

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:45 pm «Top

PostRe: Sherlock (the BBC one) by Runner

yer it's made me wanna give the other two series a watch, especially with the lead to the 4th
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:15 pm «Top