Talk About All That Stuff About TV Shows!

BBC: The Riots

PostBBC: The Riots by RubberJonny

The Riots: In Their Own Words is currently on BBC iPlayer.
The story of last summer's riots, told with dramatic accounts from the rioters themselves. With powerful words and previously unseen footage, this is a compelling and shocking tale of what happened and why. The first film in this two-part series features the real words of rioters performed by actors.

Overall i think it was pretty weak. It leaves us with the same inconclusive reasoning behind the riots that we started with and it only touched upon the varying perspectives of those involved rather than giving viewers enough information to give rise to educated debate. I think it would have benefited from being longer and/or having additional episodes focussing on only a couple of perspectives each. I didn't need a documentary to tell me that looters are assholes.

I wanted to know about the people who were part of the riots, both directly and indirectly, and their reasons for being there and taking part. It's the anti-police/authority mentality and the feeling of social and racial discrimination that i really wanted to hear about and although it is touched upon it is overshadowed by "We just wanted everythink for free, innit blood."

If this documentary has left me with any definitive conclusion it is that everyone who says "everythinK" needs to be removed from this earth to ensure the safety of everyone else.

Peace Out!
Jonny!

P.S. I still maintain that Toxteth had nothing to do with the riots. That is just an average night out there.
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:06 am «Top

PostRe: BBC: The Riots by RubberJonny

Part 2 - The Police
Meh. Fuck da police.

I have no time for the filth but i commend their few successes protecting property and innocents. Special commendation to Sergeant Paul Crouch of the British Transport Police for saving the lives of many people in a flat next to a burning building.

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:11 am «Top