[align=center]Team4[/align]
[align=center]Sparkeh (C)
Nickers
Chef
Angelofhell[/align]

[align=center]Subs
-[/align]
[align=center]*Players will be Seeded and Teams Formulated*[/align]

[align=center]*Players please complete the new poll - Do not vote if your not in the player roster...*[/align]

[spoiler][align=center](Players added to Subs list, when there are 4 they will be moved to player list)[/align]
The cup will have set map rotation, every team will play each other once, total wins and scores from each game be used to determine overall league position...I will out line the rules in more detail when we have 16+ players signed up :) the aim is for this to be competative but more importantly fun, ofc teams can never be 100% completely balanced but I will strive to do my best to create the fairest teams possible - but please dont take this so serious you rage :P[/spoiler]

Original Post in this Spoiler: [spoiler]Right well this has been done before and it was a bit of a marmite fest in that some loved it and others hated it...

Last time i organised a L4D competition I took in players and then formulated the fairest teams that i could - although that was on one hand a very good idea to keep a competative level field through the comp it resulted in people playing with other players they did not know very well... and some people moaned that there team wasn't as equal as others...

So basically i'm just asking if its a good idea and if people are interested?

Idea 1:
same as last time - gather a list of competitors and then formulate even teams based on an agreed seed'ing of all the players involved.

Idea 2:
Allow teams to enter and except the fact that some teams are gonna be better than others - but enjoy the challenge (wont work with rage queens)

Would want this to be a play full thing that happend on like a sunday through out the afternoon.

would love a knock out format like the starcrafte but that would require a minium of 8 teams so i think realistically it would be a league cup were each team played each other once...

Any suggestions, feedback or interest please post here...[/spoiler]
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:13 pm «Top

PostRe: L4D Cup? by RubberJonny

Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:23 pm «Top

PostRe: L4D Cup? by Runner

oh haha :P
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:27 pm «Top

PostRe: L4D Cup? by Nickers

I think this is a good idea :) we played a total of 5 games on Sunday (well those of us who stayed all afternoon and evening did) and I think that's probably the maximum anyone could play in a day without suffering brain melt!

Although I think that idea 2 could be interesting I think it could turn into a rage fest pretty quick! as the teams could end up wildley unbalanced which would take away the fun for everyone not just the more inexperinced teams, surely an uber team would get fed up of 4/5 maps like the 2nd chapter on Parish last night where one team gets to the end and then the other gets wiped out before setting out the safe room (well nearly)

Also you could end up with people getting upset if they're not wanted on a team - e.g. I'm guessing Chef would be a more popluar choice of team mate than me, and whilst I accept that and can see the validlity of wanting the best players other people might find it elitist (sp!) and sulk :evil:

I think idea 1 would be the fairest with the teams known in advance so that people had a chance to have a couple of practise games before the league day as that should avoid any problems with people not knowing each other....

N
xxx
I have been a nerd since long before I could have heard
That bookish girls should look and act a certain way
And I'll still be a geek when I am utterly antique

Nickers

National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:31 pm «Top

yer i agree as i always thought the way i did it first time round was the best, just debate the teams more prior to starting and try more to consider friendships in teams :)
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:43 pm «Top

PostRe: L4D Cup? by Jasperman

Runner wrote:
Last time i organised a L4D competition I took in players and then formulated the fairest teams that i could

hmmmmmmm...

I'm sure I remember my involvement somewhere.....
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:52 pm «Top

lol im sure its not too indifferent to the footer of our website

[spoiler]Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Jasperman for Total Banter Community.
Contact Jasperman@totalbantercommunity.com for any issues[/spoiler]
;)

But yer you did help a lot with the competition jasper sorry forimproper recognition :P xx
Signed Runner

Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:00 pm «Top

PostRe: L4D Cup? by butcher

FUCKING AWSOME !!!!!!
im well in for this as im a l4d whore lately. i belive the best option altho it wont be perfect is the first one with balanced teams. otherwise i will rage and call runner every name under the sun. :P
butcher

National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:35 pm «Top

PostRe: L4D Cup? by kLoWn

I think there should be some balance between teams but teams based on a full tiered player list will not be totally fun either.

I think that there should be an element of both. I think the players should be tiered (3 tiers, good, normal and noob/unknown). If a team has an uber player it must also have a noob player to balance. Other then that teams can have whatever they want. i.e 3 normal 1 noob, 4 normal, 2 good 2 noob etc etc.

But we would have to be agreed on who is in which tier and 4 normal players who actually belong in the good tier will dominate.

I will play btw but would like some freedom to choose who to play with.

k
kLoWn

» Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:28 pm «Top

PostRe: L4D Cup? by Shanks

im in
Shanks

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:37 pm «Top