All Things From Left 4 Dead 2

Tank guide

PostTank guide by kLoWn

As Tank,

Use glowy objects. using cars, bins, rocks greatly increase your offence. One hit from them downs a survivor. A few more hits kills a downed survivor. So its a very effective way to down and then kill survivors.

Have back up. IF the survivors arnt hurting you need to wait for the rest of the infected to be ready or you will go down fast.

Never engage 4 green survivors with tier 2 weps alone (unless u have a glowy object). They are faster then you and should kill you inside 40 secs.

If you are chasing a green survivor and their are no common infected to slow him down. use the rock throw, run technique. I.e get close to him and then throw a rock. you should hit him square on. Then chase and repeat. Once he is yellow go in for the kill.

Tank surprise:- if the tank spawns unexpectedly there is a big advantage in just running in and meleeing. If its unexcted there should be some common inf. and the location they are in is probably not tank friendly. If you wait for the perfect attack there will be 0 common infected and they will probably relocate to a good position.

Molotov:- Molotov is only a scary thing if more then 3 survivors are green. Simply because molotov only works if you fire the tank and can run away from him. I.e dodge him. If survivors are in bad shape they can really dodge a fired tank and will die quick. Holding off because of a molotov, gives them a chance to relocate and heal/prepare.

Dont be afraid to retreat. If you are not on fire, and getting nailed hard you can always retreat. Survivors will try to finish you off as you retreat. so have a good escape route in mind just in case.

Hitting survivors down slopes etc. If you can hit people off things, down slopes.. it does major dmg. thinking carnival finale and cold stream.

Rocking from distance is ineffective, unless you are waiting for a horde/inf to respawn etc. The more comfortable survivors get the more likely tank will be ineffective.

Peekaboo. Getting a survivor down and then hiding in close proximity is a good tactic. simply come out and hit them when they try to get him up. Its ineffective against a Molotov though as you will get fired and it will force you to rush.

Survivors will always try to get behind you to nail back of the head. If your in a bad situation turning around suddenly will often enable you nail the guy nailing the beck of you head. If they are all around you you can try throw a rock which hits multiple people. However, as you throeign the rock you will get heavily nailed so its not recommended. Hit one person, rotate hit the guy nailing you, rotate and hit some one else, rotate etc etc. Never just chase one survivor who is green, the rest will nail you very quickly. If a survivor is near a tree/post you wont hit them as they have abetter turning circle then you lol.

k
kLoWn

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
» Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:43 am «Top

PostRe: Tank guide by Nickers

Think that was chefs problem on cold stream started chasing u round a tree!
I have been a nerd since long before I could have heard
That bookish girls should look and act a certain way
And I'll still be a geek when I am utterly antique

Nickers

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:55 am «Top

PostRe: Tank guide by wickedwillie

Very good mister klown!!
Thx for the info, very interesting!!
wickedwillie

National Flag:
Belgium
» Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:05 pm «Top

PostRe: Tank guide by StuntKid

As always communication is key! Listen to teammates as they will tell you where Survivors are and which to go for and if there are any close to you to attack. Glowy objects also provide some cover and block a Survivors path - use wisely. And don't be afraid to retreat and take cover/throw rocks while teammates get another respawn. Discuss plans and go in to attack together.

When there is a tank Survivors will either a) stick together or b) separate out in pairs or individually and attack the Tank from each side.

Special infected - Be on the look out!

If a) Corner Suvivors and pwn them with boomer/horde, spitter and Tank together.

If b) Charger, Hunter, Jockey and Smoker should try and separate 2/3 Survivors and incap them individually letting Tank take on a smaller number of Survivors. They will be busy dealing with tank while Special Infected deal some damage; if they go to the rescue of their teammates it will give an opening for the Tank to go in.

Also try and attack any Survivors reviving downed teammates to prolong the attack and deal more damage.
StuntKid

National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:16 pm «Top

PostRe: Tank guide by angelofhell

Cheers guys ive been waiting for someone to help with the tank so a big thank you to Klown and Stunt for putting it together

xx
It’s true that every time you hear a bell, an angel gets its wings. But what they don’t tell you is that every time you hear a mouse trap snap, an angel gets set on fire.
angelofhell

» Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:25 am «Top

angelofhell wrote:Cheers guys ive been waiting for someone to help with the tank so a big thank you to Klown and Stunt for putting it together

xx

a big TANK you... :D
wickedwillie

National Flag:
Belgium
» Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:17 am «Top

PostRe: Tank guide by Nickers

Groan that's terrible Willie!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
I have been a nerd since long before I could have heard
That bookish girls should look and act a certain way
And I'll still be a geek when I am utterly antique

Nickers

National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:13 am «Top

Hahahahahaha and i thought this was hilarious...
Well, at least I was having when i typed it :P
wickedwillie

National Flag:
Belgium
» Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:23 pm «Top