All Things From Left 4 Dead 2

The Screecher *Special Infected*

PostThe Screecher *Special Infected* by Runner

Hey Hey I've had this idea for a while, not sure if its been posted or talked of before so sorry if i'm repeating someone else but to my knowledge iI haven't heard this suggested.

Screecher
This is an SI who's role is like that of a boomer which is to dissorganise and dissorrientate the survivors - a Boomer partialy blinds the survivor that gets bile on them, the screamer deafens the survivor.

Attack:
The screamer fires a scream sound wave (invisable) in a simular aim mechanic as a smoker/spitter. The survivor(s) hit loose all in game sound for a portion of time simular to being blinded by boomer bile - the scream should be very directional so it can only hit 1 or two survivors unless the 4 are tightly packed together. The effected survivor is marked pink like a boom'd player and is left vulnerable as he/she can no longer hear the instructions or cries of his team mates over the mic or via the chat box - isolating them from their team mates in a simular manor to a boom'd player.

Death Cry:
When the screamer is killed it lets out a death scream that deafens everyone in a certain radius but for a much reduced time scale than the main attack - like when a bommer explodes the sick is protjected in a radial area.

Design:
Would need to be weak like a boomer/spitter and needs to move faster than a boomer, much more like a spitter or smoker in its movement so that it can move into range like a spitter does. Of course the character needs to make a lot of noise like a boomer and spitter does giving the survivors the fear and anticipation of the arriving threat.

I think the screamer character would be a good addition as it further mixes up the variety in which a VS team can build an attack as SI as i think removing sound from a player or 2 would be a very interesting tactic that could be devistating and an interesting twist upon being boom'd - a great means to break down the survivors team work and organisation that would effect the highly organised players perhaps more than a boomer can by breaking their vocal chain of support and tactical aid from team mates...

Please let me know what you think and post your support or ideas if you have any :)

(I posted this originally here --> http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1757935 )
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:08 pm «Top

PostRe: The Screamer *Special Infected* by Sparkeh

Nice, i do like. To players very familiar with the game, being hit by boomer bile isn't all that bad (vision wise). You can deal with it and still tell mostly what is going on. Another SI that messes with the senses sounds like a good idea, but both a boomer and screamer attack at the same time might be a bit overpowered. However you could make it so they dont ever spawn together ? maybe.

Reading the post on steam forums made me laugh.

'Loosing sound? no thx' - yeah heaven forbid you loose one of your senses in l4d, damn man you must hate the boomer design :\ xD.

BRING ON MORE SPECIAL INFECTED, REJUVINATE A FUN IP WITH MORE UPDATES ON CRITICAL GAMEPLAY COMPONENTS.
Sparkeh

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:31 pm «Top

PostRe: The Screamer *Special Infected* by Runner

yer you have to ban the spawn of both of them at once that would be uncondition rape
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:45 pm «Top