All Things From Left 4 Dead 2

Health Score Multiplier?

PostHealth Score Multiplier? by Runner

Hi guys I've been going through the cfg files for our L4D2 server to reactivate the 25+ bonus that people are missing, in doing so I have come across a system that gives points based upon a multiplier of the health points that the team has left at the end of the map. The multiplier also takes into consideration the amount of times a player has been incapped or if they are black and white.

Code: Select all
addcvar confogl_SM_enable               "0"                  // Enable the health bonus style scoring
confogl_addcvar confogl_SM_healthbonusratio         "2.0"               // Multiplier to apply to the health bonus
confogl_addcvar confogl_SM_survivalbonusratio      "0.0"               // Multiplier applied to total max distance to create a survival bonus for each survivor
confogl_addcvar confogl_SM_tempmulti_incap_0      "0.30625"            // Multiplier to apply to temp health of players with no incaps
confogl_addcvar confogl_SM_tempmulti_incap_1      "0.17500"            // Multiplier to apply to temp health of players with one incap
confogl_addcvar confogl_SM_tempmulti_incap_2      "0.10000"            // Multiplier to apply to temp health of players with two incap (and are black and white)

At the moment as you can see option is turned off in our current cfg, but I'm wondering if people would like me to experiment with this feature for a game or two? Basically it's going to base points more on the health then it currently does, I'm unsure about using it as tbh because I think it could increase the dominance of the winning team but I guess could also help just as much for come backs - basically im on the fence, I'd start with very small multipliers.

Please discuss your views on this below.

Cheers,
Runner
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:47 pm «Top

PostRe: Health Score Multiplier? by Chef

looks good and would be a better score for those managing to escape.

i think i would prefer this to damage done, though it isn't often that even 1 survivor makes it to the safe room
Chef
Dungeon Master

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:23 pm «Top

PostRe: Health Score Multiplier? by Runner

well yes you would get more points than current for a solo safe room rush but you'd also get more points than at current for all 4 surviving, basically the main thing is that if both teams get to the safe room as a 4 but one team has barely used their kits but the others are limping over the line then the team with the kits will have more points for the round (like l4d 1)

puts emphasis on kit useage like the first game)
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:09 pm «Top