Post your problems, whether they be PC related or other tech woes

i7 920 D0 P6T Overclock Guide

Posti7 920 D0 P6T Overclock Guide by Runner

Hi guys just spent this morning googling to find a guide I used back in 2009 to overclock my i7 to 3,36ghz -
The guide is really good, specialy if (like me) you have a P6T Asus motherboard as this walk though contains screen dump of the bios and what the values should be, so as long as you can read you'll be fine - great for beginners!

Guide to Overclocking i7 920 D0 on P6T Asus Motherboard
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:10 pm «Top

PostRe: i7 920 D0 P6T Overclock Guide by Runner

Sadly the guide has disappeared but I found another that has a lot of detail in description:
http://forums.hexus.net/cpus/168306-i7- ... nners.html
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:11 pm «Top

PostRe: i7 920 D0 P6T Overclock Guide by RubberJonny

Coolio. Nice guide.
Most motherboards that allow decent overclocking typically have really good auto settings these days so you don't have to fiddle with all the settings maunually. Getting a stable overclock isn't all that difficult it is just time consuming because you have to repeatedly stress test the machine and adjust the oc settings accordingly until you have a stable setup. Hopefully the above guide for users with those chipsets will vastly decrease the time required to ensure a stable setup.

Good luck overclockers.

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:06 pm «Top