Post your problems, whether they be PC related or other tech woes

laptop/desktop splitter

Postlaptop/desktop splitter by Chef

Hello

I require the following:

I want to have some way of using my screen/mouse/keyboard both with my computer and a laptop at the same time. Something that is quick and easy to plug a laptop into and can swith between them at the click of a button

I have seen screen spotters before, but I want something that allows both laptop and de stop to use the same mouse and keyboard

Any ideas?

Chef
Chef
Dungeon Master

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:23 pm «Top

PostRe: laptop/desktop splitter by RubberJonny

Chef wrote:I have seen screen spotters before, but I want something that allows both laptop and de stop to use the same mouse and keyboard

Any ideas?
A HDMI or VGA splitter is easy enough to come by and for the keyboard and mouse a USB hub is what you're looking for. I'd recommend a self-powered USB hub to minimize latency while also allowing for the use of more load heavy devices.

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:04 pm «Top

PostRe: laptop/desktop splitter by Nickers

I have been a nerd since long before I could have heard
That bookish girls should look and act a certain way
And I'll still be a geek when I am utterly antique

Nickers

National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:20 am «Top

PostRe: laptop/desktop splitter by StuntKid

Almost suggested Shanks with a chainsaw! :lol:

They look like they'll do the job :)
StuntKid

National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:42 pm «Top

PostRe: laptop/desktop splitter by RubberJonny

Nickers wrote:something like this for the screen? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SVGA-VGA-Manu ... 4897.l4275
Yup. Same one i was looking at.
Indeed. Or depending on your needs the Plugable USB 2.0 Sharing Switch with a USB hub might be better.

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:40 pm «Top