Post your problems, whether they be PC related or other tech woes

Google Chrome Won't Load

PostGoogle Chrome Won't Load by Runner

Hi guys my chrome won't load pages but yet every other browser is fine and everything else that connects to the internet is running great. I have ofc tried to fix this by uninstalling and reinstalling but to know avail, its doing some weird shit watching the processes in task manager.

I have had a little time to do some reading and found that it might be a problem about a corrupted update, apparently chrome has two folders, a current and a new version so it can update while working, and sometimes it gets confused trying to load the incorrect version.

Just wondering before I (ironically) google the problem to find the best fix (sounds like regedit territory)
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:58 am «Top

PostRe: Google Chrome Won't Load by StuntKid

I guess check Chrome is updated (top right button > About Google Chrome) and check plugins/extensions? :?
StuntKid

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:22 am «Top

PostRe: Google Chrome Won't Load by Runner

Ironically this fixed when I opened a hyerplink from mumble which loaded through the windows 8 metro side of google chrome, connecting to page in that manor managed to unscramble itself. I then uninstalled chrome and reinstalled and it now works in desktop mode.

I'm fairly sure that it was a registry conflict issue where the program was trying to look for a folder with a different version/name, how this happened I don't know but very happy to report its fixed.
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:57 am «Top

PostRe: Google Chrome Won't Load by BlueMeanie

I feel your pain with chrome brother!!!
I have no end of issues with chrome on win8, every time there's a bloody update chrome stops working and I have to uninstall and re-install it. If only I could get adblock for iexplorer!!!.
BlueMeanie

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:58 pm «Top

PostRe: Google Chrome Won't Load by Runner

I forgot to post my fix for this, it was an update with avira (my virus scanner) a tick box option about ivp6 (or something like that) turned off fixed my problems
Signed Runner

Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:23 pm «Top