TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Ireland
» Mon May 27, 2013 9:03 pm «Top

PostRe: need new 2tb external drive by RubberJonny

Western Digital My Passport. I've recently been investigating the external storage market and the WD My Passport appears to be the best. It has high ratings from many professional and personal reviewers and has a price tag of around £100-120 for the 2TB model. Not to mention it comes in a variety of colours (Black, White, Silver, Red and Blue)!

Links to professional reviews and potential vendors (filtered by capacity and colour), including Amazon and Dabs, are accessible through the WD My Passport page linked above =)

Good luck finding what's best for you.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue May 28, 2013 12:48 am «Top

PostRe: need new 2tb external drive by StuntKid

:text-goodpost:
StuntKid

National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Tue May 28, 2013 8:50 am «Top

PostRe: need new 2tb external drive by Chef

+1 jonny's post
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Tue May 28, 2013 1:04 pm «Top

PostRe: need new 2tb external drive by Roosell

I bought an old basic version of one of those about 5 years ago. Still works brilliantly.
RIP Cuervo
Roosell

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Canada
» Tue May 28, 2013 3:19 pm «Top

PostRe: need new 2tb external drive by Jasperman

Ive had a wd passport before, it didnt survive.....

My current WD Essentials is acting up (marked fully read only) and unfortunately I do not have the space anywhere to back it all up and reformat.

What are peoples thoughts on the WD Essentials?
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Tue May 28, 2013 3:31 pm «Top

PostRe: need new 2tb external drive by Roosell

Jasperman wrote:Ive had a wd passport before, it didnt survive.....

My current WD Essentials is acting up (marked fully read only) and unfortunately I do not have the space anywhere to back it all up and reformat.

What are peoples thoughts on the WD Essentials?

If you think your current drive would work with a reformat, why not buy a 2tb internal and dump it all on there, format then copy back. Might save you some pesos.
RIP Cuervo
Roosell

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Canada
» Tue May 28, 2013 4:54 pm «Top

Roosell wrote:If you think your current drive would work with a reformat, why not buy a 2tb internal and dump it all on there, format then copy back. Might save you some pesos.
Sounds like a plan.
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue May 28, 2013 6:40 pm «Top

PostRe: need new 2tb external drive by Jasperman

RubberJonny wrote:
Roosell wrote:If you think your current drive would work with a reformat, why not buy a 2tb internal and dump it all on there, format then copy back. Might save you some pesos.
Sounds like a plan.

Its around the same pricing :/ so im not bothered by an extra 20 for the portability :)
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Wed May 29, 2013 11:25 am «Top

Jasperman wrote:
RubberJonny wrote:
Sounds like a plan.
Its around the same pricing :/ so im not bothered by an extra 20 for the portability :)

If you think your current External HDD will be usable again after a reformat why not try using a Cloud Storage service? I'll admit i know nothing about such services but i did find this handy "Top 10 list". Though i doubt you could get 2TB+ storage capacity on a free trial you can just sign up for one month with JustCloud (the top rated site), for example, at the low cost of $9.95/€7.63/£6.53.

Good luck. I hope you find a solution that best meets your needs.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu May 30, 2013 10:28 pm «Top