Post your problems, whether they be PC related or other tech woes

Rebooting after Total war

PostRebooting after Total war by swishness

Hello peoples, Le croc here on swish's pc.

Swish has a small issue with his pc. When attempting to play Shogun 2 or crysis 2 his pc will just ctd. however Deus Ex:HR and Bf3 work fine. Have checked temps with hwmonitor during crash nothing goes above 48. however the 5v ground rail is showing -13v.

any suggestions?
swishness

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Earth
» Tue May 07, 2013 9:01 pm «Top

PostRe: Rebooting after Total war by Renegade

Have you checked both CPU and GPU temp? Try running a verify game cache on them on steam to check no files are missing or corrupt.
Renegade

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue May 07, 2013 10:57 pm «Top

PostRe: Rebooting after Total war by swishness

Done and done, both are fine, and all chipper :(
swishness

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Earth
» Wed May 08, 2013 6:53 am «Top

PostRe: Rebooting after Total war by Trevor Hanley

Remove yourself from his computer.
I'm a poo

Trevor Hanley

National Flag:
United Arab Emirates
» Wed May 08, 2013 11:54 am «Top

PostRe: Rebooting after Total war by AngryCrocodile

Trevor Hanley wrote:Remove yourself from his computer.

If only it were that simple...
AngryCrocodile

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed May 08, 2013 4:21 pm «Top

PostRe: Rebooting after Total war by Roosell

Did you re-install all the direct-X setup files that will be in the steam folder? I can check the exact folder directory when I get home, but there will usually be a bunch of directX and some other install files downloaded with the game, and I've found those sometimes either don't install properly or break later on and manually running them all (in admin mode) fixes broken Steam games.
RIP Cuervo
Roosell

National Flag:
Canada
» Wed May 08, 2013 5:55 pm «Top