Post your problems, whether they be PC related or other tech woes

Streaming TV

PostStreaming TV by Trevor Hanley

So my parents are looking for something to stream lovefilm/less legal movie sites that i'm enitrely unaware of etc onto the TV and are running into issues as their current laptop is about 1000 years old and crashes v easily. They also want to me able to check out website/google analytics while on it (all through the TV)

Can anybody think of a decent cheap & most of all simple option for them. Pref one that can be connected to keyboard & mouse as they have wireless ones already and them using a controller of some sort will be painfull.

Im well useless so thought i'd ask you guys. :)
I'm a poo

Trevor Hanley

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
United Arab Emirates
» Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:37 pm «Top

PostRe: Streaming TV by Runner

Mini iTX media PC with a wireless keyboard/mouse?

examples:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productli ... subid=2254

varying specs based on money's, at a glance looks like £300 ish for an i3 or £200 ish for an atom (slower processor)

price range madam?

x
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:53 pm «Top

also I tried love film and netflix over xmas and thought they were both shocking in quality and titles availble... but expect them both to get better with time/demand
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:00 pm «Top

PostRe: Streaming TV by Trevor Hanley

Runner wrote:Mini iTX media PC with a wireless keyboard/mouse?

examples:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productli ... subid=2254

varying specs based on money's, at a glance looks like £300 ish for an i3 or £200 ish for an atom (slower processor)

price range madam?

x

Cheap as possible really. As I said. Not fussed if it's slow as long as it's fast enough for video/interwebs.
I'm a poo

Trevor Hanley

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
United Arab Emirates
» Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:30 pm «Top

PostRe: Streaming TV by Trevor Hanley

Runner wrote:also I tried love film and netflix over xmas and thought they were both shocking in quality and titles availble... but expect them both to get better with time/demand

Yeah, watched some lovefilm and quality wasn't great. Imagine they'll come on leaps & bounds in the coming year. Unless Antigua get their way at the WTO :D http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21193634
I'm a poo

Trevor Hanley

National Flag:
United Arab Emirates
» Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:32 pm «Top

Signed Runner

Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:19 pm «Top

PostRe: Streaming TV by StuntKid

Looks good but how expensive!
StuntKid

National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:09 pm «Top

PostRe: Streaming TV by Roosell

Second hand mac-mini would easily do the trick. But those nettops look good if you're scared of Apple AIDS
RIP Cuervo
Roosell

National Flag:
Canada
» Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:05 pm «Top

wireless hdmi is improving via solutions such as miracast, chrome cast, airplay and now this open source box of wonders airtame, might sort your issues rather cheaply:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/airta ... veryone--2
Signed Runner

Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:29 pm «Top