Post your problems, whether they be PC related or other tech woes

Java Programming -- Help needed

PostJava Programming -- Help needed by Wingers

Has anyone got some in depth experience of java programming.

Am about to try and learn java for the purpose of developing a program to be run on both a raspberry pi and a APS IO.

the program would need to support FTDI usb drivers for an RS485 comms unit, which sends information, this information is then interpreted and then through accessing API information on a remote database for a true/false response to then pass a specific command back on the RS485 comms via usb.

I already have some similar examples made by others running on slackware with java compiled and tested.
But I want to move this to another device and to add a few parameters of my own.

Any help would be appreciated as I feel this is quite a large task for someone who has never programmed with java and has been 10+ years since my C++ skills (or lack of) have been used.

Am open to friendly pointers, if there is a lot of work involved and someone has a large amount of skills then I might be able to do some funding through my business depending on whats involved.

thanks for reading.

Wingers
Wingers

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
» Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:06 pm «Top

PostRe: Java Programming -- Help needed by Jasperman

Wingers wrote:Has anyone got some in depth experience of java programming.

Am about to try and learn java for the purpose of developing a program to be run on both a raspberry pi and a APS IO.

the program would need to support FTDI usb drivers for an RS485 comms unit, which sends information, this information is then interpreted and then through accessing API information on a remote database for a true/false response to then pass a specific command back on the RS485 comms via usb.

I already have some similar examples made by others running on slackware with java compiled and tested.
But I want to move this to another device and to add a few parameters of my own.

Any help would be appreciated as I feel this is quite a large task for someone who has never programmed with java and has been 10+ years since my C++ skills (or lack of) have been used.

Am open to friendly pointers, if there is a lot of work involved and someone has a large amount of skills then I might be able to do some funding through my business depending on whats involved.

thanks for reading.

Wingers

I am a Java Developer in my professional life.... its what i do :)

Any questions send me a pm. If youd like my personal email/skype then pm me :)
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Ireland
» Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:55 am «Top