Post your problems, whether they be PC related or other tech woes

5 Beeps

Post5 Beeps by Gweggles

New card arrived in damaged box.

On boot, system beeps 5 times.

Reseated has no effect. Booting with on-board and previous card works fine.

Faulty card or other issue I am not aware of?
Gweggles

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:11 pm «Top

PostRe: 5 Beeps by Runner

What does your mobo manual say for the 5 beeps (just to save the google seach) ?
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:14 pm «Top

PostRe: 5 Beeps by Gweggles

It doesn't. Searched through google. Doesn't return anything useful. Points towards BIOS, but it works on board on with other GPU. So not massively sure. I do suspect the card is actually damaged.
Gweggles

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:45 pm «Top

sounds like it too me especially if the box was fucked up, i'll see what I can find on google on my lunch break but not something I have come across before - has to be the gpu or compatibility with the mobo or its bios version as the pc works fine before and after the new gpu.

Maybe thers a bios update for the 600 series gpus? Whats your mobo again?
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:50 pm «Top

ASRock B75 Pro3-M
Gweggles

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:07 pm «Top

BIOS Updated. Hey presto.

Still want to see what Scan will do, as not 100% comfortable having a card that has obv been dropped.
Gweggles

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:27 pm «Top

PostRe: 5 Beeps by RubberJonny

Gweggles wrote:New card arrived in damaged box.

On boot, system beeps 5 times.
Reseated has no effect. Booting with on-board and previous card works fine.

Faulty card or other issue I am not aware of?
Five Long Beeps signals No VGA Card in ASRock Motherboards.
Five Short Beeps signals Processor Failure but i'm sure that does not apply.

Return that fucker and get it replaced with a better model as recompense or at least get your money back and buy elsewhere.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:41 pm «Top

Gweggles wrote:BIOS Updated. Hey presto.

Still want to see what Scan will do, as not 100% comfortable having a card that has obv been dropped.

I recon the card is fine then based on that, agreed it's not ideal that the box had taken some damage, I guess it did what it was designed to do and take the impact, but then the courier didnt do what he was designed to do and look after your product...

I'd suggest that if, after updating the bios, the card now works fine and your system is running stable and correctly, I wouldn't bother with the hassle as I doubt there is any actual damage to the card. If you have the patience then its worth highlighting with scan to see A0 what they give you and B0 if you get any problems in the future you can point out the box damage as a likely cause :)
Signed Runner

Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:06 pm «Top