Post your problems, whether they be PC related or other tech woes

jasps rebuild

PostRe: jasps rebuild by Runner

660ti - £265
660ti OC - £279
670ti - £345

The 660 is a bit more expensive then I'd like, it's only roughly £100 off a 670 where as the 560 was like £150 of the 570 so its value isnt as good as its predecessor - whether the price will drop and when I have no idea. I think the 560ti benifited largely from bf3 as it was being used as the card to promote the game back when it launched and that may very well be why it was comparably cheaper than this 660.

I'm only referencing the same range of Asus card, mainly because I really like the 560ti version I have, but also to give the price comparison some clear reference. Obviously there will be other cheaper brands here or there - I personally will stick with Asus's DirectCU range but feel free to look around.

An example:
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:49 am «Top

PostRe: jasps rebuild by Jasperman

SO basically the 670 will give me more bang?
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Ireland
» Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:15 pm «Top

PostRe: jasps rebuild by RubberJonny

Jasperman wrote:SO basically the 670 will give me more bang?
You are paying over the odds for a 670 for little reward. Don't listen to Runner he thinks everything should be handed to him. Commie!

The 660ti is a much better card than the 560ti and the price is very reasonable in the today's market.
ImageSource.

The Gigabyte Windforce is the overclocked version of the card so expect similar results from the Asus DirectCU.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:59 pm «Top

so 690 is the best?
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:52 pm «Top

PostRe: jasps rebuild by Runner

lol jasper you tool, nah I agree jonny the 670 is too much for too little gain, I'd still by the 660ti if I were upgrading.

It's still by far the best priced card imo but my only slight neg on it is the £50 bump in the stock rrp.

Unless you wish to waste money jasper i'd go for a single 660ti - if you want a mega buy then get more but your better of spending what you can afford to replace instead of trying to future proof urself
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:24 am «Top

Jasperman wrote:so 690 is the best?
If money is not object? Then there are many better cards than the 660ti but i wouldn't think you'd need to upgrade from a 660ti for a long time. It runs BF3 and Crysis 2 maxed and games won't get much more intensive for a while i wouldn't think (and even then it's only when you need to run a game below Medium settings when you really need to start looking to upgrade, imo)

FYI: The GTX690 is over £800

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:27 am «Top

So 660 Windforce? (i think i will order this very shortly!)
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:31 am «Top

Just doing some more research on graphics. TechRadar doesnt give the 660 a great review at all :/

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac ... cleContent

makes me start to lean towards the 670 :/
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:25 pm «Top

Jasperman wrote:Just doing some more research on graphics. TechRadar doesnt give the 660 a great review at all :/

Although TechRadar are talking out their ass for the most part (three short pages with a lot of opinion vs. Guru3D's 27 pages and statistical support), the minimal price difference between the OC 660ti and 670 is something to consider. That being said an OC 660ti is slightly better than a low end 670 and a tiny bit cheaper.

For a direct price comparison (using Ebuyer's current prices):
Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti Windforce 2X 2GB GDDR5 - £273
Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2GB GDDR5 - £327
Price difference - £54

To be honest £50 more for a much better card isn't even a competition but if you are on a very strict budget and have no need nor want for a GPU that is far superior to the base 670 then the OC 660ti is the better buy.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:16 pm «Top

RubberJonny wrote:
Jasperman wrote:Just doing some more research on graphics. TechRadar doesnt give the 660 a great review at all :/

Although TechRadar are talking out their ass for the most part (three short pages with a lot of opinion vs. Guru3D's 27 pages and statistical support), the minimal price difference between the OC 660ti and 670 is something to consider. That being said an OC 660ti is slightly better than a low end 670 and a tiny bit cheaper.

For a direct price comparison (using Ebuyer's current prices):
Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti Windforce 2X 2GB GDDR5 - £273
Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2GB GDDR5 - £327
Price difference - £54

To be honest £50 more for a much better card isn't even a competition but if you are on a very strict budget and have no need nor want for a GPU that is far superior to the base 670 then the OC 660ti is the better buy.

Peace Out!
Jonny!

Im not constricted by a budget, im getting my credit rating up with this so..... technically there is a minimum i have to spend...
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:21 pm «Top