Post your problems, whether they be PC related or other tech woes

jasps rebuild

Postjasps rebuild by Jasperman

Ok.... i think i may be rebuilding. Depending on prices of an SSD and a new GPU then i may add something similar to this bundle

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... ubcat=2290 £609.98

if people know of places to get these components cheaper or has any recommendations for any piece esp the GPU and or SSD please share.

After a few posts ill post all the information and links to the actual parts to be purchased as people give me better.

I do not need a case or PSU

Ebuyer Total (481.33)
CPU - £249.99
MB - £125.94
RAM16GB - 105.4
Cooling - Im tempted for water cooling but with my PSU at the bottom of my case is it worthwhile?
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Ireland
» Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:34 pm «Top

PostRe: jasps rebuild by RubberJonny

Jasperman wrote:Ok.... i think i may be rebuilding. Depending on prices of an SSD and a new GPU then i may add something similar to this bundle
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... ubcat=2290
You can get the MB, CPU and RAM for just over £450 currently. Now you do get a madly over clocked CPU (with the heat sink) and a 12 month warranty but is that worth £150? I wouldn't say so for two big reasons:

• It is not like the 3770K is struggling at only 3.5GHz
  • It'll be after the warrenty ends that you'll notice your CPU is being burned out running so high
As for the Motherboard, i'm under the impression it is better to use liquid cooling with the other components because all the hot air can get trapped under the "Thermal Armor" but if you have a spacious and/or well ventilated case with good air flow then i can't see it being a big deal. It does look pretty cool though.

Jasperman wrote:If people know of places to get these components cheaper or has any recommendations for any piece esp the GPU and or SSD please share.
Ebuyer all the time, every time. As for GPU and SSD it depends entirely on your needs and budget. I will say it is likely worth getting a 240GB SSD now they are under £150 (and dropping) but then again you my not need that much storage. As for the GPU i'd say the Nvidia 660 (assuming it is released by the time you are looking to buy) just because it will likely have a good performance to price ratio. But, again, i don't know what you are looking for.

On the matter of cheaper parts i would recommend the Asus P8Z77-V over the Asus SABERTOOTH Z77. The SABERTOOTH is £40 more pretty much just for supporting super fast RAM speeds and having a couple more Sata sockets.

Jasperman wrote:I do not need a case or PSU
More specifically what are you looking for?

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:12 pm «Top

PostRe: jasps rebuild by Jasperman

apologies the bundle I linked was meant to hint im looking for high end

SSD - prob looking for the 240GB (maybe even 2 with RAID or dedicate one to steam)
GPU - The new one coming out has me intrigued if the price is right...

RAM - 8GB (may even be pushed to 16gb)
CPU - i7 (assuming the latest)
MB - must have USB 3 and all the other bits and bobs. (Something that supports dual boot would be nice (but i think ill get by that with virtual machines)

My current PSU is a 900W
My Case is an Antec 900 with ALL fans filled...

As for overclocking im not too pushed i just always choose a bundle to aim for and go for that. If i need to overclock I can do that myself. But my aim really is to get the best price for all this gear. Even if i have to order from multiple sites just to get the best price for everything I will :)

What I reall need is recommended parts. Ill throw together links for all the parts im thinking to see if ye can find me better prices. Also keep in mind im a € man!!! so Irish sites are welcome :) or just euro sites in general.

Once i get a few parts ill add up the prices and compare them to my bank account.... which I will then decide "omfg im really broke" or "lets fricking do this"

Basically my overall view is that I wont need to rebuild for say..... 3-4 years...
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:46 pm «Top

Updated first post

Ebuyer Total (621.31)
CPU - £249.99
MB - £125.94
RAM16GB - 105.4
Cooling - Im tempted for water cooling but with my PSU at the bottom of my case is it worthwhile?
SSD - 139.98
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:12 pm «Top

Why do you need 16GB of RAM? Do you do a lot of grafic design, video rendering, animation, etc?

I can't overstate it enough that 4GB of fast RAM is all you need for gaming. Crysis 2 and BF3, arguably the most demanding games on the market, recommended system requirements is 4GB RAM.

Again, if you need it for something you do then great, but i just get frustrated that a lot of gamers give the impression that any less than 32GB RAM is worthless...

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:32 pm «Top

RubberJonny wrote:Why do you need 16GB of RAM? Do you do a lot of grafic design, video rendering, animation, etc?

I can't overstate it enough that 4GB of fast RAM is all you need for gaming. Crysis 2 and BF3, arguably the most demanding games on the market, recommended system requirements is 4GB RAM.

Again, if you need it for something you do then great, but i just get frustrated that a lot of gamers give the impression that any less than 32GB RAM is worthless...

Peace!

You are right in what you say. I just picked 16gb to see peoples reactions
Ill prob go for 8GB ram most likely i just saw the 16 gb at a nice enough dealish thing so I put them in for now. Once i find out the pricing for the GPU ill prob rip it back to 8gb
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:10 pm «Top

PostRe: jasps rebuild by Runner

Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:19 pm «Top

RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:04 pm «Top

so what do people think of the 660?
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:26 am «Top

PostRe: jasps rebuild by Runner

Jasperman wrote:so what do people think of the 660?

reading up now, the 560ti was so good because of the bang for buck but the guide price seems to be £250 for stock 660ti which is far to high - this card should be in the £200 region.
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:34 am «Top