General forum to talk other topics than games and get to know each other

getting/keeping fit

PostRe: getting/keeping fit by Nickers

I have the same problem with the cold weather... makes everything twice as painful!

Stunt, definitely worth a try, worked really well for one of my friends, cut out wheat and dairy and it cleared up almost completely!

N
x
I have been a nerd since long before I could have heard
That bookish girls should look and act a certain way
And I'll still be a geek when I am utterly antique

Nickers

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:01 am «Top

PostRe: getting/keeping fit by StuntKid

But I love thy bread and cake! Belly calling out for fooooood!!
StuntKid

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:02 pm «Top

PostRe: getting/keeping fit by Nickers

have you ever cut out wheat\dairy before?

If not then you might find that, if it makes a difference, after a couple of months you can re-introduce in small quantities or look at gluten free products

from what I understand it's almost a case of breaking the cycle and desensitizing your body to the allergens and then gradually increasing the dose when you do re-introduce

you know like they're doing with nut allergy sufferers in medical trails atm...

N
x
I have been a nerd since long before I could have heard
That bookish girls should look and act a certain way
And I'll still be a geek when I am utterly antique

Nickers

National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:10 pm «Top

PostRe: getting/keeping fit by StuntKid

Noope, never been on any diets previously. Yep, need to deal with the allergens.

Medical trials?? :think:

Not sure if I've mentioned this... I used to eat nuts when I was really young, still remember peeling peanut shells. Grandma used to buy them quite a lot I seem to recall. Then at some point I became allergic (apparently I fainted). Ever since, I have been very icky about them. The smell of nuts really put me off.

Couple months back I had a really bad reaction (mentioned this before) when I was handling nuts [insert jokes peoples!]. Was washing up and had really painful 2 weeks of small pimples on my hands. Never had anything like that before. Have been more wary about nuts since.

Maybe I should start drinking wine. I hear it's good to have a glass a day :D
StuntKid

National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:38 pm «Top

PostRe: getting/keeping fit by Shanks

StuntKid wrote:

Maybe I should start drinking wine. I hear it's good to have a glass a day :D

dammit i thought i was a bottle of wine a day :O maybe this is where im going wrong.
Shanks

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:32 pm «Top

PostRe: getting/keeping fit by RubberJonny

I'm now on a diet consisting solely of Manly Yogurt! *flex*

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:11 pm «Top