General forum to talk other topics than games and get to know each other

getting/keeping fit

PostRe: getting/keeping fit by StuntKid

Runner wrote:
Chef wrote:don't worry Runner, by 2025 you'll be longing for the good old "just rainy" english summer

:P but I might also be surfing to work :)

That'll be the day
StuntKid

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:44 pm «Top

PostRe: getting/keeping fit by RubberJonny

Check my new workout:
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com
I think it'll go well.

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:37 pm «Top

PostRe: getting/keeping fit by Chef

yeah good luck with that

i may start with a robin reliant
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:45 pm «Top

PostRe: getting/keeping fit by RubberJonny

Chef wrote:i may start with a robin reliant
I was thinking Hot Wheels.. you know... just at first =P
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:52 pm «Top

PostRe: getting/keeping fit by Nickers

RubberJonny wrote:
Chef wrote:i may start with a robin reliant
I was thinking Hot Wheels.. you know... just at first =P

I'll join you in the hot wheels workout Jonny :)
I have been a nerd since long before I could have heard
That bookish girls should look and act a certain way
And I'll still be a geek when I am utterly antique

Nickers

National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:43 am «Top

PostRe: getting/keeping fit by Break

Don't know if you're still doing this chef but I do this everyday.

Lower the weights to adapt at first, and It it properly intense but its fucking brilliant.

http://crossfit.com/

There they post a different workout every day, with a description of what it is and a video demonstrating each exercise.

I go down to the gym, set up the equipment I need and smash it out.

Its good because every day is different, you never know what your going to be doing and its a HUGE challenge to get through one. I actually enjoy waking up and looking what kind of workout I'll be doing each day.

It helps burn through fat because of how intense it is, and you're usually lifting heavy weights so you put a lot of muscle on. Its actually shown that its the best form of putting mass on over your usual "weightlifting" workout.

So to go way back to your original post about moobs, you'll be able to tone them up, and strip the fat off them at the same time. Rather than doing one or the other.
Break

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
National Flag:
Earth
» Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:58 pm «Top

PostRe: getting/keeping fit by Chef

still working at it, lost a little more weight but struggling with shifting half a stone.
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:00 pm «Top

PostRe: getting/keeping fit by Nickers

oppps nearly two months since we posted on this...

Andy and I have both been continuing with the more active less crap lifestyle and it seems to be working, although we have let things slide a little and not been as careful as we have been, so we've decide to get back on it hardcore so to speak on the run up to Christmas so that we can have a few treats over the xmas period without feeling too guilty!

I'm going to try and fit some more gym visits in and start working on building up some muscles in addition to keeping up with the cardio as I seem to be flat lining a little bit at the moment and think it's because I need to mix up my workouts a bit....

hopefully more regular updates will be forthcoming over the next few months...

How about anyone else, got any plans for new exercise regimes to pack on the muscles.... or diets (not that any of you need to lose any weight - bunch of skinny barstewards :P ;) )
I have been a nerd since long before I could have heard
That bookish girls should look and act a certain way
And I'll still be a geek when I am utterly antique

Nickers

National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:48 pm «Top

PostRe: getting/keeping fit by Runner

after having a 4 week break from 5 a side which also consisted of a lot of booze consumed I've been back on the regular 60 mins of football every tuesday. It took its toll for the first few games but I'm back where I was and luckily just before the weather changed to this cold air

Always find that the cold weather makes breathing more difficult so I should find some extra cardio work to strengthen my asthmatic lungs (or just except that I loose a bit of pace on the pitch).

Been saying for ages that I want to go swimming regularly again as I can't swim half as far as I could a few years ago, used to be able to swim a 25 meter pool under water in one breath (with a dive ofc).

Generally don't have the monies to go to a swimming pool but recently found out that everyone at work has a membership (free) to a gym round the corner and they are willing to lend me the card. So might have to start doing some laps one night after work or in my lunch break - see if that gets my lungs back in order.
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:23 pm «Top

PostRe: getting/keeping fit by StuntKid

Nickers wrote:...skinny barstewards :P ;) )

skinny bar... stewards??? :think: Building a bar any time soon?

Drinks aside, I need start jogging again. Currently cutting down on wheat, dairy and eggs to see if it helps my eczema.
StuntKid

National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:11 am «Top