General forum to talk other topics than games and get to know each other

Them Out of date things made of trees?

PostRe: Them Out of date things made of trees? by RubberJonny

I feel like i'm not doing my book collection justice with all these long ass posts. I used to have a top three but i've read so many series that it's difficult to place books. That's also why i only listed book series previously.

If i was try to list my top three (or at least remmber what they used to be) i'd have to say:
Last Man to Die by Michael Dobbs is a stand alone book that stands out. It was my favourite for a long time.
Night Watch by Terry Pratchett is still my favourite Dicworld Novel.
Ghostmaker by Dan Abnett is my favourite Gaunt's Ghost Novel. Its format is unique in the series and the chapter "The Angel of Bucephalon" is a thing of beauty.

Terry Pratchett and Dan Abnett are Gods. End of discussion. You don't read their stuff you're not reading.

I can't really think of any comics to suggest; you're either reading them or you're not.
Moon Knight Vol. 1: The Bottom and Moon Knight Vol. 2: Midnight Sun stand out because they were the first comics i read since my early teens. The writing is fantastic and the art by Finch is amazing. It's very dark and Moon Knight is somewhat of an antihero since he seeks (bloody)revenge rather than justice. Spector also suffers from dissociative identity disorder (Moon Knight being one) and struggles to define himself throughout the series. Although there are some unexplained references to his past Moon Knight doesn't have a very rich history so you can get away with just reading this series on it's own (and you can always look things up if you'd like). Someone new to comics and a fan of books with a simular theme could certainly enjoy it as i did and i pretty much came to it brand new after reading top quality novels and no comics for many years before.

I've been meaning to start on the Star Wars Novels any suggestions? I've been told The New Jedi Order series is off the heezy

Peace!
Last edited by RubberJonny on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:14 pm «Top

PostRe: Them Out of date things made of trees? by Chef

only read vecter prime by RA Salvatore (great writer) who did a lot of Fogotten Realms books (dnd) but he writes as a writer not as a gamer so his characterisation was sublime. He did the book versions of Phantom Menance and attack of the clones which were far superior to the films.
Chef
Dungeon Master

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:41 pm «Top

I'd just like to help ya'll out by mentioning The Book Depository seller on Amazon.co.uk. They often sell at the lowest prices (inc p&p) and they post items out quickly. Also you get a free card book mark with your order and they have random things on them like; keyboard and guitar chords or how to tie knots :P

They have much better offers on their Amazon store than thier website so make sure to check 'em out when buying :)

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:57 am «Top

PostRe: Them Out of date things made of trees? by AngryCrocodile

I went to look for dune the other day. I must of lent it to someone, but cant remember who. Again. Thats my third copy of it... Pah.
AngryCrocodile

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:22 am «Top

PostRe: Them Out of date things made of trees? by Chef

you can borrow mine if you like!
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:07 pm «Top

Chef wrote:you can borrow mine if you like!

He's already lost two copies! Don't be a fool =P
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:31 pm «Top

PostRe: Them Out of date things made of trees? by Nickers

I really need to start keeping alog of who I lend books to - some of my friends are notriously bad for giving books back and I'm crap at remember who I lend stuff to....
I have been a nerd since long before I could have heard
That bookish girls should look and act a certain way
And I'll still be a geek when I am utterly antique

Nickers

National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:01 pm «Top

Nickers wrote:I really need to start keeping alog of who I lend books to - some of my friends are notriously bad for giving books back and I'm crap at remember who I lend stuff to....

Don't just say it, do it! I've had the same problem now i always keep a list.
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:43 pm «Top

PostRe: Them Out of date things made of trees? by Jasperman

i actually made a copy for loaning of console games, books, and anything in general, works well when i remember to check it...
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:45 am «Top

PostRe: Them Out of date things made of trees? by Runner

I can't remember what books look like
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:27 pm «Top