General forum to talk other topics than games and get to know each other

Politics

PostPolitics by RubberJonny

Here we discuss political, ethical and religious issues from around the world.

-- Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:52 pm --

Doesn't look good for Sweden...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZtc2ma2GEQ

He has a right, as do we all (and especially the Swedes), to be outraged by current events based on the evidence given by the sources he has listed in the description. Don't take the video as the anti-Islamic ramblings of some "racist" as these actions cannot be condoned regardless of what religious or political background they are coming from but there is no denying that Islam (certainly not all Muslims but a vast majority) is trying to change the Western world.
Last edited by RubberJonny on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:56 pm «Top

PostRe: Politics by Chef

*** voice of admin time: Be very careful as we will be policing this thread very carefully and I personnally will not stand for outright racism, bigotry, or bashing of any gender, race or creed ***
Chef
Dungeon Master

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:21 pm «Top

PostRe: Politics by RubberJonny

TheChef wrote:*** voice of admin time: Be very careful as we will be policing this thread very carefully and I personnally will not stand for outright racism, bigotry, or bashing of any gender, race or creed ***

That is totally unnecessary, Chef. You are essentially killing this topic before it is even started because no one will want to be punished for making a controversial comment. This topic is meant to be for interesting and educated debate not for the organization of hate crimes. I'm frankly offended that you would not only attempt censor free speech but that you would believe there to be such bigoted people are within our community.

The topic does not need "policing" as the users are more than capable of making an educated decision on how to handle offensive users and for that matter if the topic catches on i'm sure there will be enough admins posting to deal with those who are clearly out of line AND ontop of all of that what if the "voice of admin" turns out to be bigoted? Who knows maybe Jasperman firebombs black communities at the weekend... My point being your opinion is not the be all and end all just because you've been granted the power to censor does not mean you are right to do so no matter how offended by a comment you are. By your thinking me and EchoZ should be ostracized from TBC for our bigoted statements about Mancs and Scousers in the Banter Box yesterday.

This was going to be a private message but i feel it's quite fitting to the point of this topic. Watch it get removed by an admin ;)

Peace!

p.s. I'm sure Jasp isn't a racist it was just a hypothetical statement to help get my point across.
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:54 am «Top

PostRe: Politics by iLL

I guess I have to say something here...:unsure:

But what should i say? Well, at least we are not bankrupted. But really, I don't know whats been going on lately with all the rapists 'n shit, it's like a trend started among them :/ And for the Muslims, true, there are a lot of them here. SD (Swedish Democrats) got voted in (5,9%) this year and there might be some change in how we are gonna deal with the situation we have got (if there is a situation?). They sate that they want the immigrants count to be no more then our neighbors (Norway, Finland and Denmark) and those who are immigrants in Sweden should adapt to the Swedish society more. I see some good thing in that statement, I do. Higher ups in Sweden are afraid to say no because they don't wanna look bad in media. But on the other hand, take a look at Finland. They have less then 1% of immigrants and no one is talking "bad" about them for that. Here in Sweden there are 10-20% immigrants (far from all being Muslims). But if SD gets their will through, it means that, I don't know, maybe 10% are getting sent back from where they came from? That would be weird :/

I also want to secure myself to say that i am no racist. But there should be some kind of limit of how many immigrants there can be.
iLL

National Flag:
Sweden
» Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:33 am «Top

PostRe: Politics by Chef

Johnny, my intention is not to kill the topic, but simply to say that this should be a balanced, informed discussion and not a stick to go beating ethnicity or religious or sexual orientation. A post like this can be open to abuse and I am just saying to everyone that it will be monitored, as a good admin team should be doing.
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:18 am «Top

PostRe: Politics by Snake

I don't know much about the Swedish situation. Not something I cared much about to be fair. What I will say is that guy on youtube sounds pretty biased to me.

Also be careful how you label the rapist...some of these come from quite violent countries by nature (Somalia for example) and so it's not really the fact that they are Muslims.
In fact if they were Muslims, they wouldn't be doing this. I don't care what you think the Qur'an say's but these are not Islamic acts. I know plenty of devote Muslims and met some Imam's and none of those people would agree that these acts are allowed.

Secondly, all I have is that guy's word that they are Muslim.....how about some articles?

Also, some of you should visit a number of Muslim countries....it's not as bad as what you hear at all.

Remember, westerners will always bring down the east and vice versa. It's always been like that.
Snake

» Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:53 am «Top

PostRe: Politics by Jasperman

RubberJonny wrote:Who knows maybe Jasperman firebombs black communities at the weekend...

Oi there is absolutely no connection between me and those events! I will not stand for mention of this ;)

On the admin side. We are here to prevent the "abuse" of the members of the forum. Therefore I back what Chef said and agree. There is always one person who will bring something too far. In the subjects your choose people can get very... defensive/aggressive. Therefore it is a necessary fact to inform users that the thread will be policed (just like every other thread). Why say it in the thread when its implied we will be watching? So that users know they can/should not be afraid to post their opinion. Thus not only are we preventing slander etc. but we are protecting our users as well. Let me also say if anyone makes a point of view in this thread it will not be held against them.

On the muslim front i make the few jokes "I don't know if you can come, just don't bring any bombs.." something along those lines but from my personal experience with muslims they are sound out maybe a little too extreme (IMO) about religion but that is their choice. I've worked with and am friends with some.

Swedish knocking immigrants to 1% not a bad idea at all there, tbh i think ireland could benefit from that as well.

Irish Politics: From what i heard recently the republican party is gaining a lot of following here (links with IRA in the past). And tbh I'm liking what I hear as well but still they are politicians... and dont get me started on Irish Politicians im sure all the world have finally realised how stupid our politicians are.
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:36 am «Top

Fuckin' A
http://www.boingboing.net/2011/02/10/go ... spare.html

-- Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:34 pm --

Lesson in Multiculturalism :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SReDcW0fokE
The governemnt shouldn't make exceptions for certain religions. It's degrading to both everyone who is not Muslim and the many Muslims who chose to live in Europe because of our freedoms.
Regardless of my personal feelings on religion all i ask for is equality from our government.

Peace Out!
Jonny!

-- Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:54 pm --

Interesting piece on the G20 protests:

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/2010-2011/yoush ... index.html

-- Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:50 am --

ATF selling guns to Drug Cartels:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/03/ ... 9031.shtml
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:50 am «Top

PostRe: Politics by Gornil

So, what does ppl think about whats happening in Libya atm?
Energizer bunny arrested, charged with battery.

Gornil

National Flag:
Norway
» Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:33 am «Top

The worlds gone to shit it's time for the people to take the power back. Libya, specifically, is a genuine rebellion out of necessity it's not just a mass protest like Egypt and Tunisia it's a civil war. I agree with the support offered by UN forces as much as i'd like to see us roll in and save the people and actually use our military for some good it's not our war and not worth losing lives for if it can be avoided also starting a war over the bombing of innocent people would be the definition of hypocrisy.
I hope one day the world will stand up and be heard but for now governments passing shitty self serving laws trumps a government trying to blow it's people up. Anyway our time will come hopefully all future revolution wil be peaceful but who the fuck can believe that...

Peace Out!
Jonny!
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:03 am «Top