General forum to talk other topics than games and get to know each other

Politics

PostRe: Politics by Chef

RubberJonny wrote:
They drove their car in to a group of people how was that accidental?! What the fuck?! Although this does seem to be the prosecution's fault, pushing for premeditated murder rather than manslaughter. Either way i would have them all shot (including the jury of reprobates).

Peace Out!
Jonny!

By far the worst tragedy of the whole event, and the humility and honor the boy's father has shown, urging for calm and forgiveness is truely humbling
Chef
Dungeon Master

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:03 pm «Top

PostRe: Politics by RubberJonny

A woman in Ireland was denied an abortion that would have saved her life.
Savita Halappanavar was refused an abortion of the fetus that was dying and poisoning her body because it still had a heartbeat. As the heartbeat faded, the abortion was granted but it was too late. Savita died shortly afterwards of septicemia, and E Coli infection.

Irish doctors allegedly told Savita “This is a Catholic country” when she asked for an abortion for the pregnancy she was miscarrying to avoid further complications. After 3 days of blinding pain, shaking, vomiting and passing out, she again asked for the abortion that would have saved her life and she was again refused.
This makes me sick.
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:48 am «Top

PostRe: Politics by Jasperman

RubberJonny wrote:A woman in Ireland was denied an abortion that would have saved her life.
Savita Halappanavar was refused an abortion of the fetus that was dying and poisoning her body because it still had a heartbeat. As the heartbeat faded, the abortion was granted but it was too late. Savita died shortly afterwards of septicemia, and E Coli infection.

Irish doctors allegedly told Savita “This is a Catholic country” when she asked for an abortion for the pregnancy she was miscarrying to avoid further complications. After 3 days of blinding pain, shaking, vomiting and passing out, she again asked for the abortion that would have saved her life and she was again refused.
This makes me sick.

Agreed I had a massive debate with some religious guy there a few weeks ago (on my friends FB wall to annoy him :P ) as a bit of a joke. But seriously those people are weird being honest itll prob be legalised in the coming months due to the story above.
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:32 am «Top

PostRe: Politics by AngryCrocodile

It's technically legal in Ireland (I think since 1982-ish), as long as the Mother's life is in danger. So in the above scenario she should of been given an abortion. However, the law isn't exactly that well written iirc, I think the main movement in Ireland is to get greater clarity in the law.
AngryCrocodile

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:28 am «Top

AngryCrocodile wrote:It's technically legal in Ireland (I think since 1982-ish), as long as the Mother's life is in danger. So in the above scenario she should of been given an abortion. However, the law isn't exactly that well written iirc, I think the main movement in Ireland is to get greater clarity in the law.

Yes its more about clarity but the uncertainty is just as bad as having a law against it. Therefore they need to remove the "only if the mother is in danger of dying" and its possible that "Ah she'll get over it" will work in every case. Its clarity rather than anything. Personally I think it should be legalised and left at that (and undercut english prices and suddenly economy bounces back due to abortions ;) )
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:57 am «Top

PostRe: Politics by AngryCrocodile

Jasperman wrote:
AngryCrocodile wrote: (and undercut english prices and suddenly economy bounces back due to abortions ;) )

Was going to make a joke about potatoes, but I thought that'd be racist. Also Potatoes, lol.
AngryCrocodile

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:59 am «Top

its not just that this unfortuantely woman died because of the unclarity of the law..

its the attitude of the health professionals who looked after her and delt with the family afterwards.

"its a catholic country" is never an excuse to greiving families.
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:04 pm «Top

Chef wrote:its not just that this unfortuantely woman died because of the unclarity of the law..

its the attitude of the health professionals who looked after her and delt with the family afterwards.

"its a catholic country" is never an excuse to greiving families.

Id agree especially since the negative impact the catholic church has caused.

Its disgraceful that there is uncertainty!
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:33 pm «Top

PostRe: Politics by RubberJonny

Google: Take Action
A free and open world depends on a free and open Internet. Governments alone, working behind closed doors, should not direct its future. The billions of people around the globe who use the Internet should have a voice.
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:33 am «Top

RubberJonny wrote:Google: Take Action
A free and open world depends on a free and open Internet. Governments alone, working behind closed doors, should not direct its future. The billions of people around the globe who use the Internet should have a voice.

i've signed up
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:05 am «Top