General forum to talk other topics than games and get to know each other

Pond Project

PostPond Project by Shanks

This is the reason i haven't been around much im been working on this.

A few people wanted to see how i got on with it a while back when i was designing it and as promised here is a post with some of the pictures of it.

The Entire island bed is 14ft wide and 18ft long with most of it being pond. The pond itself is 14ft wide and 12ft long with the deepest section being 3ft deep. the rest is a raised boarder to enable the waterfall to be possible without looking like an after thought. only half the soil dug out was used to create that boarder the rest was used to fill in the old pond.

The dry stone wall is made from Rustic Slate there was around 90 pieces (comes in a ton crate) its not the best stuff to build a dry stone wall out of although for never building one i reckon its not too shabby seems to do the trick and ism strong enough to walk on while holding back all the soil.

The total project cost around £1300 and took me 8 days to complete form start to finish.

Shanks

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:19 pm «Top

PostRe: Pond Project by RubberJonny

Really nice job, brah. Does this mean Dead Good Gardens is now officially in business? :D

I look forward to seeing your future work.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:31 pm «Top

PostRe: Pond Project by Shanks

it should be fully set up and running by Mid April just got to sort shit out with the bank etc (as well as fix my van :( )

But thanks its probably the first big project i have had free roam on as the other work i have done has been much smaller scale or very restricted. i do have a Facebook page with all the current work i'm doing or have done under the name.

http://www.facebook.com/DeadGoodGardens

i try and it updated as often as i can, use it more like a blog and some where i can reference my previous work from.
Shanks

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:37 pm «Top

PostRe: Pond Project by Crazyk

Awesome work dude, i don't have anything to judge it againet but you maybe the next Tommy Walsh :D

Anyway, I'm sure Runner will be making an order soon for a Hobbit home shortly.
Crazyk

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:56 pm «Top

PostRe: Pond Project by Runner

He's more like charlie ;)

Awesome work mate very impressive
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:55 pm «Top

PostRe: Pond Project by StuntKid

Nice! Be nice to see it in a few months time when flowers grow and bloom
StuntKid

National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:41 pm «Top