General forum to talk other topics than games and get to know each other

Paintball - Lets talk about booking this shizzle

PostPaintball - Lets talk about booking this shizzle by Trevor Hanley

.:TBC:. Paintball Extravaganza 2013
The south will rise again . . .

Right then, Paintball 2013. Me Moobs & our 2 housemates (Meatballs who will start gaming with us soon & Will who is too tight go get a PC) are willing to open our humble abode to ya'll for a weekend of fun with paintball on the Saturday. I can promise you the food won't be as good but the beer & people will still be here so lets make the best of it shall we?

Format & many words shamelessly stolen from Nics post last year :D

When?
Tentative date is 17th August. Obviously this is flexible right now. Things we HAVE to avoid are Goodwood (both horse & motor racing) weekends because hotel prices + roads become shit. I

What?
Following the pure awesomeness that was paintball 2011 & 2012 it’s back, it’s possibly going to be better than ever and we want you to come and join in the fun!

What are we doing?
The format will be pretty similar to last year with:

chilled out day\night on Friday to allow people to get up north rejoin civilization down south after work etc
Paintball on Saturday – Im sure it will be crazy early but not sure.
Saturday night seems likely we'll all be too tired to anything. But possibility of heading out will always lurk.
chilling and games (board or card or console) on the Sunday

Where?
Our home address will be posted later, but it's in Chichester. Very easy to get too from the A27 ring road around Chichester.
Not sure on site yet. I imagine it'll be here - http://www.gcpaintball.co.uk/

Oh noes, where do we sleep!?
Right, our house isn't that large and we estimate we can get 10-15 sleeping (I need to actually figure it out) here. As always anybody coming from overseas gets dibs and then it comes down to a free-for-all on it.

The cheapest hotel in Chichester is a 20min walk (35 when drunk) from our house. Or a £10 taxi after 12

http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/CHIPTI/chichester

How Much?
http://www.gcpaintball.co.uk/index.php?p=prices Prices are good for down south.

This is just an exploratory topic at the moment to garner interest and the like. Please also keep in mind that down south WILL be more expensive so any cost cutting ideas appreciated. I have a bookers card which is right round the corner from us so that will save some, but cooking skills may be limited from the hosts! Will open the ~sign ups~ when the date is confirmed and few more details ironed out. Just wanted to get this going now. :)

Any questions then guys? If you have any you don't want to post here then just PM me.

Nearest airport is south hampton, alternatively the london airports.

Bold = Paid
14 People booked & paid:
Trevor
Moobs
Meatballs
Tirielis
Lissa
Tom
Runner

Fred/Nickers/Chef
Solarity
Gweggles

Angry Crocodile
Gornil
Calboa

Maybes:
Wingers
Jasperman
Stuntkid
Zetoc

Around but not paintballing

Badger
Deleta
Shanks
DP
Roos
Last edited by Trevor Hanley on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:25 am, edited 9 times in total.
I'm a poo

Trevor Hanley

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
United Arab Emirates
» Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:24 pm «Top

PostRe: .:TBC:. Paintball Extravaganza 2013 by Tirielis

3 for me :D
Tirielis

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Earth
» Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:43 pm «Top

PostRe: .:TBC:. Paintball Extravaganza 2013 by Nickers

yay a weekend off from cooking! I don't mind doing some of the cooking duties and can bring down rice cooker\slow cooker etc if you think it will be useful?

as long as you're OK with us bringing Fred then put Andy down for paintball and me down for non-paintball geeky fun :)

we will stay in a hotel to save you all from the howling!

also anyone from up north who wants to come down or is on our way we can pick up and return you - should have space in the car for one person! FCFS :)
I have been a nerd since long before I could have heard
That bookish girls should look and act a certain way
And I'll still be a geek when I am utterly antique

Nickers

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:41 pm «Top

PostRe: .:TBC:. Paintball Extravaganza 2013 by Runner

I'm up for it defiantly, if people could post their interests/opinions that'd be awesome.

I'll take on some cooking duties as I don't do hungry... if we can get a rough head count we can contact the paint ball place for quotes
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:42 pm «Top

Nickers wrote:yay a weekend off from cooking! ;)

as long as you're OK with us bringing Fred then put Andy down for paintball and me down for non-paintball geeky fun :)

I've put you three on the list as one as I'm assuming only one of you will be running around with a gun in your hand :P
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:43 pm «Top

PostRe: .:TBC:. Paintball Extravaganza 2013 by Tirielis

Runner wrote:

I've put you three on the list as one as I'm assuming only one of you will be running around with a gun in your hand :P

and that one would be fred
Tirielis

National Flag:
Earth
» Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:02 pm «Top

PostRe: .:TBC:. Paintball Extravaganza 2013 by Shanks

as it stands i will say im in,
Shanks

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:21 pm «Top

Shanks wrote:as it stands i will say im in,

What happens if one of us sits down?
Signed Runner

Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:25 pm «Top

PostRe: .:TBC:. Paintball Extravaganza 2013 by Roosell

You can count on me to bring the #YOLO
RIP Cuervo
Roosell

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
National Flag:
Canada
» Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:44 pm «Top

PostRe: .:TBC:. Paintball Extravaganza 2013 by Nickers

Runner wrote:

more than likely only Chef will be running around with a gun - I shall find something else for me and Fred to do Saturday during the day and just join you for the post paintball stories and fun :)
I have been a nerd since long before I could have heard
That bookish girls should look and act a certain way
And I'll still be a geek when I am utterly antique

Nickers

National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:44 pm «Top