3%
Modern Warfare 2 Black Ops Server
8%
Other (post below)
3%

Total votes : 76

PostRe: What server would u like us to have? by Jasperman

wickedwillie wrote:Hihi nice post Rubber :D
im not on drugs btw, u can ask the elephant sittings next to me!!

I think founders already got to the point where they realise we have to expand, hence (always wanted to use this word ^_^ ) the start of the TF-server!
Any suggestions are good hence ur good post. Maybe a Vietnam-server wont be there next couple of weeks but im sure more will happen in future. If it aint Vietnam, maybe a ld4-server or sth else...
CSS has always been my fav game, and i guess it still is. But now i have l4d and never thought there would be a game that i would play more than Css...
Well, last couple of weeks, i DO play l4d more then css... and this is the same with some other regulars. So there is indeed a life after/next to Css.
Played some BF2 yesterday and was complaining to Skid that i didnt like the game... But after half an hour, starting to like it too! So when there is a Steam sale on Vietnam, wanna buy it too!

Im afraid my reply wont be very easy to understand :blink: thx to my terrific English but i just wanted to say that im sure founders and/or admins know we cant stick to CSS only.

Greetz,
Wicked

btw: this is how Im feeling about the matter, so im not talking for the founders

Peace out

The Founders always stressed that we will support an expansion into other games. Now I enjoyed Battlefield. (always have, 1942 those were the days). But I myself will be looking towards BF3. I will more than likely make a suggestion for a server after i try the gameplay but again it has to have a large interest to have us bother setting up a server.

Great idea but we have being steering away from the BC2 and such cause there seemed to be new ones every few months (which is actually fairly costly...). Hence why im looking at 3. There is a lot of work going into it so i doubt theyll release an expansion straight away. But again it is something to debate about and definitely if there is interest we will bow down to the majority
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Ireland
» Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:30 pm «Top

PostRe: What server would u like us to have? by Wilkie

L4D2
So your not relying on luck to find a reliable server
you have the option to load configs to mix the gameplay up.
you can also host previous mutation games, like the 'ride my survivor' jockey mod. Playing that mutation was the funniest game iv had in ages.
Sometimes I feel so sick with the state of the world I can't even finish my second apple pie
Wilkie

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Australia
» Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:31 pm «Top

PostRe: What server would u like us to have? by Runner

yer this is something i've been hoping/planning maybe see it sooner rather than later :)
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:48 pm «Top

PostRe: What server would u like us to have? by Kakashi

Surely we should wait until we have a bigger community to make a 3rd server?
Kakashi

» Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:33 pm «Top

PostRe: What server would u like us to have? by wickedwillie

Nah we just replace the TF2 server with a l4d2 server... :D
wickedwillie

National Flag:
Belgium
» Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:10 pm «Top

PostRe: What server would u like us to have? by Kakashi

wickedwillie wrote:Nah we just replace the TF2 server with a l4d2 server... :D

noooooooooo l4d2 sucks donkey dick
Kakashi

» Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:57 pm «Top

PostRe: What server would u like us to have? by StuntKid

Kakashi wrote:
wickedwillie wrote:Nah we just replace the TF2 server with a l4d2 server... :D

noooooooooo l4d2 sucks donkey dick

Only because you're scared
StuntKid

National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:12 pm «Top

PostRe: What server would u like us to have? by RubberJonny

Wilkie wrote:L4D2
So your not relying on luck to find a reliable server
you have the option to load configs to mix the gameplay up.
you can also host previous mutation games, like the 'ride my survivor' jockey mod. Playing that mutation was the funniest game iv had in ages.

Deffo scrap the TF2 server and get a L4D one
Kakashi wrote:Surely we should wait until we have a bigger community to make a 3rd server?

My point is we're not gonna get more members by sitting on our thumbs. L4D server is a great idea to help those who are already in the community and will certainly see more use than the TF2 server but it still isn't helping us to expand. I apprciate that BF3 is a great opportunity and getting your foot in the door early on it's release will certainly improve server traffic but it's a minium of 6 months away and if i'm honest i don't see the community still being as active as it is now in that time.
We need serious discussion here. I'm willing to donate into any server i see worthy of our time but we can't just meet the direct needs of everyone currently within the community. We need a mojority vote and at the end of the day current members will not miss out just becuase we have a server for a game they don't play as CS:S/L4D will still be played and the forums will still be active. Shit keep it simple why not have people list the online games they play often and work out which are the most common and put it to a vote? Fuck i'll throw money in to a CoD server if it has potential to help us expand just don't expect everyone to stick around when there are so many other places offering the same as us if not more for games they enjoy more. It'll take alot to shake me but i wont deny the more time i spend away from the in game banter the less enthusiastic i am about the community.

Peace Out!
Jonny!

nos nostris de petra de gallo
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:55 pm «Top

PostRe: What server would u like us to have? by Jasperman

how many voted for battlefield on this topic?
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:38 am «Top

PostRe: What server would u like us to have? by RubberJonny

Jasperman wrote:how many voted for battlefield on this topic?

Oh i'm so glad that my point is getting through to you. Yes my entire rant is so i can have my own personal Vietnam server because making me happy is exactly what i mean by "expanding the community". It's like i didn't even have to type anything you just read my mind.

*sigh*

My personal vote is for a Vietnam server. Others can vote how they fucking like. I'm not demanding a Vietnam server i'm asking that everyone, not just the founders, to think about the direction in which this community is going and to be honest with themselves instead of putting forward opinions that will appease the mojority. We should express our individuality and say what we want and how we want it and then the compromises can be met based on the results.

We shouldn't have to rely on what Jasp, Runner and Zetoc say is best for us when it comes to the community it takes alot of their time to do the research and we wont necissarily get what we want. The same way we make suggestions about how to tweak the servers and website we should be doing the same thing with the community.

I'll admit i'm being very forceful with something that many will not see as a big issues but you can never start too early and we will all benefit from it.

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:31 am «Top