Modern Warfare 2 Black Ops Server
8%
Other (post below)
3%

Total votes : 76

PostRe: What server would u like us to have? by Renegade

Hon is peer to peer
Renegade

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:55 pm «Top

PostRe: What server would u like us to have? by Wilkie

L4D server is different to a public cs/tf2 one. You cant give it negatives for something its not designed to do in the first place. The point of getting one isnt for future scope or advertising but because it would be used for a few months by the people that are here now. Not saying that it wouldnt attract the odd newcomer because there is always a chance. Especially if you put a good config onto it and make it stand out to your bogstandard severs.
The future is in creating good cs and tf2 servers until the next big release. You can always improve on what you have currently and advertise better.

current | peak today
70,124 | 78,671 | Counter-Strike
65,326 | 73,394 | Counter-Strike: Source
35,128 | 37,830 | Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer
34,552 | 38,228 | Call of Duty Black Ops - Multiplayer
20,035 | 25,209 | Football Manager 2011
15,936 | 17,414 | Team Fortress 2
15,423 | 16,716 | Sid Meier's Civilization V
11,632 | 12,486 | Left 4 Dead 2
Last edited by Wilkie on Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sometimes I feel so sick with the state of the world I can't even finish my second apple pie
Wilkie

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Australia
» Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:23 pm «Top

PostRe: What server would u like us to have? by Renegade

I'm with Jasper on this, as much as I love battlfield games it'll be better to wait for BF3
Renegade

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:15 pm «Top

PostRe: What server would u like us to have? by EchoZ

I agree with RJ in majority of senses, something along the lines of a BF server or maybe a COD server would be very beneficial to the community, seems to be a bit stale recently and not a great deal going on. Everyone busy & stuff so yeah bit of a dry time.

I would say that BF would be the best choice as it seems to be (from experiance on COD4 (on PC) & MW2 on Xbox, it's full of kids - The immature annoying kind!) whereas on BF you need good teamwork in your squads to win so teamwork would be brought into the community straight away.

From what I've seen really the TF2 server looks to have been a bit of a flop? I don't have the game so admittedly I might be wrong but from the server stats at top of forums, always seems to be dead & to have had no/little activity. Maybe if this doesn't pick up in the next month/two it should be put on the back burner and transfer the funds that are going into that into a different project for the community.

You have to remember, we all play different games and all play different times etc. So it's best not to do what the community wants more what will benefit the community more. If the TF2 server is going to waste it's probably better to try it on something that will hopefully generate more interest in from new members before the community becomes stale and stagnent as new members aren't exactly flowing in by the dozens & the main active members are pretty much old NBR members/users.

/rant

EDIT::

Btw, in order to get the CSS server more active, IMO it would be a good idea to get something like a deathmatch server up and running. If you have a good set up, then deathmatch servers will get active themselves, then you could put in adverts to the website & community server (plenty of mods like !server or /server and you get a pop up with details or map, players and then the option to connect) this would more than likely get the community server more active (and would do so better than gungame because lets face it... people who play gun game are usually oblivious to the rest of the game and are just GG heros.
EchoZ

» Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:52 pm «Top

PostRe: What server would u like us to have? by Kakashi

fu echoz gun games are great! but yeh i agree with the dm server idea
Kakashi

» Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:44 pm «Top

PostRe: What server would u like us to have? by wickedwillie

yeah sounds a good idea! and indeed i guess people will join easier to the community...
wickedwillie

National Flag:
Belgium
» Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:04 pm «Top

PostRe: What server would u like us to have? by RubberJonny

Hmmm... Indeed a good idea, EchoZ, but do we need the CS:S server to be more popular? It is played and payed for by current members and to be honest i just don't see Counter Strike being the future of online gaming even if they do eventually make a sequel. I really do think it's time to look elsewhere because as you've stated yourself many of us are playing many other games and there must be a reason we're not all sticking with CS:S like we were two or three years ago.

On another note:
I and others have noticed that quite a few of our members and regulars do have and play BC2 but there seems to be little to no support within our community and i don't just mean for a server. Let me just make it clear i'm not trying to get a Vietnam server with this statement (if anything i'm leaning towards a BC2 server and i genuinely don't like it) i am just making a point that the game could have potential within our community yet only Renegade has shown any real enthusiasm toward playing it with other community members and i am at a loss as to why as no one has openly condemned the game and a few have even given it praise.
Food for thought, i guess.

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:27 pm «Top

PostRe: What server would u like us to have? by Jasperman

RubberJonny wrote: i am just making a point that the game could have potential within our community yet only Renegade has shown any real enthusiasm toward playing it with other community members

Peace!

I think ive shown my interest....
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:40 pm «Top

PostRe: What server would u like us to have? by EchoZ

Kakashi wrote:fu echoz gun games are great! but yeh i agree with the dm server idea

They are great. BUT! They are for shitters basically... have you ever really played on a GG server and been sad when it's disapeared? Doubtful, just saying they're so many GG servers out there, and it is so fast pace that you don't care who owns the server or why they do. DM you tend to get a little more rest bite, so you would notice the ads for a community server. Plus if you're on a DM server and you like the server's reg etc w/e, then you would be happy to play public on that server's sister server

RubberJonny wrote:Hmmm... Indeed a good idea, EchoZ, but do we need the CS:S server to be more popular? It is played and payed for by current members and to be honest i just don't see Counter Strike being the future of online gaming even if they do eventually make a sequel. I really do think it's time to look elsewhere because as you've stated yourself many of us are playing many other games and there must be a reason we're not all sticking with CS:S like we were two or three years ago.

Well tbh, CSS is still going strong after all these years. As you say we're all here from CSS, so it would be a good idea to get it so that the CSS server is active, it should fill up A LOT more than it does, not enough people take the initiative to get the server active, and even when they do... it's just the same old member. In order to expand the community to other games we firstly need to focus on the one game & get the community showing more interest in other games, I'm sure that if 4 members came forward now saying "We want a BC2 server, we're willing to pay X amount per month each and that will cover the server" it would be up A.S.A.P, but that's not happening, why should the 3 founders pay for it when we all get the benefits? Yes thats what slots are there for, but they will take time to sell, and what if they don't? Is it worth the risk? I'm not so sure.
So yeah, primarily I think we should focus on our roots. Get CSS where we want it, then move on further and branch out. Come on guys, there is enough of us here with enough smarts to sort this s**t out, let's get a good plan of action and put it into effect
EchoZ

» Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:54 pm «Top

PostRe: What server would u like us to have? by Jasperman

EchoZ wrote:
I'm sure that if 4 members came forward now saying "We want a BC2 server, we're willing to pay X amount per month each and that will cover the server" it would be up A.S.A.P, but that's not happening, why should the 3 founders pay for it when we all get the benefits? Yes thats what slots are there for, but they will take time to sell, and what if they don't? Is it worth the risk? I'm not so sure.

While founders do put in a lot of work, time, and effort in every aspect of TBC we do not fund it completely. Currently It is the Donators and Slot-holders who are making up the slack. Of course we are watching the books carefully and as we said every penny we get goes straight to TBC. Now I have priced BC servers and we would prefer a slightly bigger interest to reduce the cost per person. Possibly 6 willing to start it off? Again I do not want to pressure people or have people pay too much. Now myself and the founders have put a lot of time, effort, money, etc in so we would prefer to see the server fund itself (this occured with TF2). If people show the interest and initiative they will be nurtured and given responsibility.

The idea behind TBC was that we would support adventures. If there was interest we would support. Obviously though we would require sufficient interest to avoid putting all the stress onto one person. As with the TF2 we were approached by a number of people to get it going. In fact they did most the leg work and all. They are also the ones that populate the server which is a vital concern.

So if you are willing to put some effort in and to take some responsibility then you are of course welcome to come to us with ideas. A well structured idea (nicely presented) would be a benefit as well.
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:57 am «Top