Here You Can Share Your Ideas On How To Improve Or Change Anything On The Website

New Site New Impressions!

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by StuntKid

Some pics to illustrate and you can probably work the rest out :)

1) I prefer the quick reply box to be already opened rather having to click to do so but it's no big issue.

2 Maybe need to break up topic/postee and text as it kind of mushes together?

Re: New Site New Impressions!
by RubberJonny » Mon 18 Jul 2011 4:29 pm
----------
text text text

3) Alignment:
3a) Top right corner items (search, advanced search, logout [name], -A+, Stats) need to line up like the left corner - with a small gap then said items
3b) Index page - icons and text need to verticle align - like most sub-forum pages
3c) Index page - The verticle lines need to reach to the bottom of the category border - like most sub-forum pages

4) The [*User Control Panel, view...... etc] bar is slighty covered by the border below. ie the 'tails' of g, y, p are covered

5) Favicon!!!

6) Legend - so we know what icons mean

7) Just noticed this... POST A REPLY - When "At least one new post has been made to this topic" blue horizontal line isnt 'attached to border. But when there isnt already a new post there is no line sooo..

That's about it.. for now :wub:
StuntKid

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:45 pm «Top

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by RubberJonny

I'm with Stunt. Also the Topic icons are oversized and too flashy, imo.
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:10 pm «Top

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by Runner

i got plans to dull down the topic icons
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:19 pm «Top

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by wickedwillie

Sorry guys, not yet much time to look into website due to very very busy working in da house.
Just one point atm: couldnt see banter box couple of days before, this is fixed but me banter is not showed in the box... i guess this is deliberate cos nobody is interested in my banter but still wanted to let u guys know :-D

Peace in
wickedwillie

National Flag:
Belgium
» Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:45 am «Top

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by Chef

don't worry Willie i have same issue, just wont let me post any banter... sniff

agrees wholeheartedly with Skid, espectially with a legend.

It kinda reminds me of the icons on a Commadore Amega game, such as Lasersquad.
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:35 am «Top

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by Jasperman

Some users have shown great potential for seeing mistakes and pointing out possible solutions. We will be asking these users to retest the site before general release again. If you believe you could be one of these users please message me. Users will not be told if they are in the group till we are ready for testing
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:18 pm «Top

Great job, guys. I'm sure there are issues on your to do list like Quick Reply and the emoticons but just the first thing i noticed is that the whole form for each forum is a link itself which makes it easy to accidently click on the link while browsing; especially consideing that it is not displayed that the cursor is over a link (cursor remains as arrow instead of turning into the little hand). Keep up the good work!

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:26 pm «Top

PostNew Site New Impressions! by Jasperman

Can you be more specific about the quick reply?

------------------
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
------------------
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:12 pm «Top

Jasperman wrote:Can you be more specific about the quick reply?

Just that there are no font options or emoticons and, as Stunt stated in the beta run of the new site, the Quick Reply should already be displayed not opened by a button.

Peace!
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:28 pm «Top

PostNew Site New Impressions! by Jasperman

So you want the full reply in the quick reply?

------------------
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
------------------
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:34 pm «Top