Here You Can Share Your Ideas On How To Improve Or Change Anything On The Website

New Site New Impressions!

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by Runner

nice suggestion renegade i'll try and work in the fire man soon
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:28 pm «Top

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by Jasperman

Renegade wrote:Looks nice so far but I'm really not a fan of having the user info in a post on the right hand side, pretty much every other forum on the internet keeps it to the left so thats the side of the page my eyes go to naturally as im going from post to post quickly now i'm having to dart back and forth.

Also in anticipation for BF3 we should add the 'on fire' guy from the logo on the website http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3

If more complain about the mini profile I might change it but I really don't want to.
Considering phpbb controls at least 1/3 of the forum Market, the default style for phpbb has it on the right...
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Ireland
» Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:36 pm «Top

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by RubberJonny

@ Runner: Instead of blue and white why not try the current blue with the vomit pink bits changed to the lighter blue used on the buttons?

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:03 pm «Top

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by Renegade

Jasperman wrote:
Renegade wrote:Looks nice so far but I'm really not a fan of having the user info in a post on the right hand side, pretty much every other forum on the internet keeps it to the left so thats the side of the page my eyes go to naturally as im going from post to post quickly now i'm having to dart back and forth.

Also in anticipation for BF3 we should add the 'on fire' guy from the logo on the website http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3

If more complain about the mini profile I might change it but I really don't want to.
Considering phpbb controls at least 1/3 of the forum Market, the default style for phpbb has it on the right...

The problem is that we read Left to right though, you look at thier profile pic/name and then start reading the post
Renegade

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:43 pm «Top

i'll have an experiment rj :)
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:44 pm «Top

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by Jasperman

Renegade wrote:
Jasperman wrote:

The problem is that we read Left to right though, you look at thier profile pic/name and then start reading the post

Then I must merely point out top left of post...
Something you didn't read there...

The content of a post is more important than a miniprofile.....
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:19 pm «Top

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by Nickers

Jasperman wrote:Then I must merely point out top left of post...
Something you didn't read there...

The content of a post is more important than a miniprofile.....

I like the miniprofile on the RHS tbh, makes it less distracting as far as I'm concerned, the little author tab at the top of the post is good enough for me :D
I have been a nerd since long before I could have heard
That bookish girls should look and act a certain way
And I'll still be a geek when I am utterly antique

Nickers

National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:30 pm «Top

Just some little things: I prefer the dot rather than the @ by users names in the Banter Box seeing the post is by the user not "@" them (and maybe even the old @ view as it stood out a little better, imo) and the quick login should be at the top of the page especially when the site is changed to reduce the number of subforums you'll have to scroll a decent way to login which kinda defeats the purpose of a quick login system.

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:27 pm «Top

yer :) funny thing is i've been sitting here making notes on things I want to change (this is like a beta) and those are two of my (many) points, so will see what we can do about those - also I will be changing the font which should improve reading ease :)
Signed Runner

Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:16 pm «Top

Runner wrote:I will be changing the font which should improve reading ease :)

Ariel is Dyslexia friendly and a personal favourite of mine. I would greatly appreciate the consideration of any of these font styles or any other helpful typefaces you may come across :)
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:29 pm «Top