Here You Can Share Your Ideas On How To Improve Or Change Anything On The Website

New Site New Impressions!

PostNew Site New Impressions! by Jasperman

Give your feedback on the new Site here :P
Tell us what you think!

What you like, What you dont like and any other comments :P
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Ireland
» Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:33 pm «Top

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by Chef

its definitely, fruity.

have you tried looking at it on a phone (not via tapatalk) yet?
Chef
Dungeon Master

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:35 pm «Top

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by Nickers

first thought on the main index page, much better layout than before and tider :)
second thought on viewing active topics page oh my god my retinas have burned out (Runner I'm looking at you :P )
3rd thought - minor niggle don't like the boxes round the page numbers on multiple page threads.....

That's all so far

Great job guys I know you've both put a lot of hard work into it over the last couple of months! :)

N
xxx
I have been a nerd since long before I could have heard
That bookish girls should look and act a certain way
And I'll still be a geek when I am utterly antique

Nickers

National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:36 pm «Top

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by RubberJonny

I'm unimpressed. Seems more a theme of aesthetics over practicality. Also can we have someone a little less camp do the colours?

First impressions and more specific faults (other than everything) I don't like the new Banner and i don't like the post layout; The whole "Re: ..." "by..." thing is unnecessary and the borderless post make them feel unfocused and mildly difficult to define a seperation between them at a glance. Also the login confirmation screen was not removed. I guess the Steam and Gamer Tag thing is pretty cool, though.

Unfortunately this is very much a step back from the old format in my opinion and, more unfortunate still, there is no way for me to voice my opinon without offending those behind this change.

Simply put; i believe it needs to be neatened up.

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:13 pm «Top

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by Chef

if your not logged on and try to reply it comes up with an white screen error rather than a log on screen. and a post i made to the banter box that for some reason didn't post

colours need to be toned down significantly. the blue and purple seems to clash and definetly doesn't look as crisp as before. i know you've all put a lot of effort into this and i do hope that any comments are taken without offence.

chef
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:09 pm «Top

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by Shanks

TheChef wrote:
colours need to be toned down significantly. the blue and purple seems to clash and definetly doesn't look as crisp as before.

chef

i told ya guys ^_^ also i still got aload of game son my pc for it i just not been able to find time to put them up sorry
Shanks

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:11 pm «Top

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by Jasperman

RubberJonny wrote:Also can we have someone a little less camp do the colours?

Talk to runner

RubberJonny wrote:The whole "Re: ..." "by..." thing is unnecessary and the borderless post make them feel unfocused and mildly difficult to define a seperation between them at a glance.

The re was in the old forum....
The post separation should be better (was meant to do it before release but forgot too much to do xD)

RubberJonny wrote:Also the login confirmation screen was not removed.

Done id forgotten XD

RubberJonny wrote:Unfortunately this is very much a step back from the old format in my opinion and, more unfortunate still, there is no way for me to voice my opinon without offending those behind this change.

You wont offend, we need all the criticism to see what we can improve and such

RubberJonny wrote:Simply put; i believe it needs to be neatened up.

Isnt this always the case? Always improving??
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:36 pm «Top

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by RubberJonny

I forgot to mention that i have to scroll along to see the right side of the site (about 1cm cut off).
Last edited by RubberJonny on Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:42 pm «Top

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by Jasperman

RubberJonny wrote:I forgot to mention that i have to scroll along to see the left side of the site (about 1cm cut off).

Screen Size? (resolution)
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:48 pm «Top

PostRe: New Site New Impressions! by Runner

RubberJonny wrote:I forgot to mention that i have to scroll along to see the left side of the site (about 1cm cut off).

ooo ok what resolution are you running?

Also guys every icon you see i've had to make from scratch and i have most likely missed a few that i will notice as we go along (like the quotation marks have white around the edges) bare with me on that and please pm me with any exampls of icons with white halos and pixalation

cheers
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:50 pm «Top