Here You Can Share Your Ideas On How To Improve Or Change Anything On The Website

Actual HTML Website

PostActual HTML Website by EchoZ

Have you thought of having an actual website... maybe just a basic one page site where you can hold the major updates that have been done to the server & forums & also hold special information such as admin lists, how to donate, details of the servers etc...
If you would like this I could whip up a nice design for you & code it easily enough. I think it would be a good idea, you could change the URL of the forums to /forums & then just have the site as the index.html let me know what you think :)

~ EchoZ <3
EchoZ

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
» Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:53 am «Top

PostRe: Actual HTML Website by Jasperman

As the Senior Coder (yes there is more than one of us) for TBC i can say that no major changes to the site will be occuring in the next few weeks (ive exams). As for a html website, this forum is in html.... just managed by php xD which is a lot more secure.
As for a possible frontpage (which is what your talking about). I have actually being thinking of something along those lines. Just remember though if I was to do that, the site would be down for a number of hours while I move files and check for errors etc.
So as an acknowledment for your post, I answer with a resounding MAYBE. Also tnks for the offer of help!
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Ireland
» Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:07 pm «Top

PostRe: Actual HTML Website by EchoZ

You shouldn't have to take the site down at all... Do all your checks on a different file location ie tbc.com/site/index.html
then once you've fixed everything for the website & it's ready to be uploaded then you shouldn't have a problem.
As for the forums, download the mySQL database from your CPanel (if your running it) then re-run the installer for the forums. Follow instructions & instead of creating a new db, just select your pre-exsisting one, bob's your uncle. Max downtime of 30mins :)

-- Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:37 pm --

Oh & with reference to the forums being in HTML, I was more refering to a stand alone HTML page. Rather than going directly to the board :)
EchoZ

» Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:37 pm «Top

PostRe: Actual HTML Website by Jasperman

its all good Ive being thinking about it rather than college work and can prob do it with absolutely no down time... we'll look into it over the hols :D which reminds me i need to back everything up tonight!
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:42 pm «Top

PostRe: Actual HTML Website by EchoZ

I'll be online over the christmas period, around the 23rdish... if you want to leave it till then we can colab on it?
EchoZ

» Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:33 pm «Top