How long dick it take you to build a 50 foot tall d...

Modpacks

PostModpacks by RubberJonny

Let us know what modpack you would like on the server
Please include an explanation for your suggestion.

We are excited to have our first TBC Minecraft server but many of us have very little experience with the game and the many, many mods for it. So we want to know what you want to play and we'll implement the most popular modpack on our server.

You will need to download the Technic Launcher or Feed The Beast Launcher based on which modpack the server is running.

The server is currently running FTB Infinity version 1.3.4

Thank you for your help
- Jonny
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:57 pm «Top

PostRe: Modpacks by RampantBadger

I have never played a moment of MC, but the series I saw some of was using the Tekkit modpack which looked sweet, so that I guess :)
RampantBadger

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
National Flag:
Canada
» Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:18 pm «Top

PostRe: Modpacks by Roosell

From the stuff we were talking about earlier, I reckon you want this as a start.

Nice mini-map
Anything that lets you see the HP of mobs
Whatever the pack was that you can make all the different furniture in
One pack of new minerals to make better armor/weapons etc

I liked the versions of the above in Direwolf, so just grab those I guess?

Is having a Quarry mod going to massively lag the server?

Also sod that mod with 800 different types of fauna - all it does is fill my inventory with crap.
^ Basically cut down on the item bloat! I don't want to be mining something 30m into the game that is already useless to me.
RIP Cuervo
Roosell

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
National Flag:
Canada
» Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:43 pm «Top

PostRe: Modpacks by RubberJonny

Tekkit is a strong contender for me. It added a lot to Minecraft without adding too much, imo. I also like that it includes Galacticraft.

The problem is that it runs on Minecraft 1.6.4 which is slow and has terrible draw distance.

I like the idea of Fat Pack because it has so much and runs on 1.7 but it might be overwhelming, if not demanding server and/or client side.

Just installed The 1.7.10 Pack on the server and it's at 67% memory usage with no one on... Nobody build anything and it will be fine :D
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:40 pm «Top

PostRe: Modpacks by Sphyro

RubberJonny wrote:Tekkit is a strong contender for me. It added a lot to Minecraft without adding too much, imo. I also like that it includes Galacticraft.

The problem is that it runs on Minecraft 1.6.4 which is slow and has terrible draw distance.

I like the idea of Fat Pack because it has so much and runs on 1.7 but it might be overwhelming, if not demanding server and/or client side.

Just installed The 1.7.10 Pack on the server and it's at 67% memory usage with no one on... Nobody build anything and it will be fine :D

Tekkit to me seems like the way to go, but you are right in saying 1.6.4 was a bit shit, but it adds plenty of mods to keep a wide audience amused/busy.

I feel that the Fat Pack , although having a wide range of good mods, seems to have a lot of useless mods just to pad out the pack./ make it look fancy (coming back to roosell's point on 'sod 800 different types of fauna'). Even has a mod caleld 'Random Things', literally a mod of random stuff we will never use, or that have been covered in other, more well known mods in the pack.

Also the launcher wont let me download the 1.7.10 pack, wont recognise the URL given by the website.
Sphyro

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:12 pm «Top

PostRe: Modpacks by RubberJonny

The server is currently running FTB Infinity version 1.3.4
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed May 06, 2015 3:43 pm «Top