Batman, Assasin's Creed and lots of explosions

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine

PostRe: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine by RubberJonny

Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:45 pm «Top

PostRe: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine by Deadpunk

Downloading now :D Finally!
I'm an alligator, I'm a mama-papa coming for you
I'm the space invader, I'll be a rock 'n' rollin' bitch for you
Deadpunk

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:23 pm «Top

PostRe: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine by Crowmart

I love Space Marine so much that I have a collector's edition for Xbox and the complete DLC version on Steam. I would be honored to purge the enemies of mankind with you.
Crowmart

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Saudi Arabia
» Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:02 am «Top

Coincidentally i was just playing Spess Mahreen last night at my mate's on his Xbox. Everytime i play it i'm reminded how truely awesome it is (even on Xbox) and that just makes me sad that i just don't play it as much as i should =(

We should organize a night to play it some time.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:06 pm «Top

PostRe: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine by Gornil

This game is the worst fps shooter I have played in a good while. Can you actually make a more straight forward linear game? All you do is run around slowly behind crates and shoot orcs... Every enemy is the same and every corridor looks like the one you just ran through. Not even worth the 5$ I gave for it.
Energizer bunny arrested, charged with battery.

Gornil

National Flag:
Norway
» Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:27 pm «Top

PostRe: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine by Crowmart

It's not an FPS. I agree that it can be repetitive but the melee combat makes up for it. It could have done with a cover system, I think. Realistically, the amount of damage you could take in Gears of War before dying is about what I would expect a Space Marine should be able to take, if you go by tabletop rather than the awful fluff you find in the video games section of Waterstones. So the whole argument that "Space Marines don't need cover blah blah blah" never sat right with me. Seemed like a cop out.
Crowmart

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Saudi Arabia
» Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:52 pm «Top

Gornil wrote:This game is the worst fps shooter I have played in a good while. Can you actually make a more straight forward linear game? All you do is run around slowly behind crates and shoot orcs... Every enemy is the same and every corridor looks like the one you just ran through. Not even worth the 5$ I gave for it.
:lol: Go back to Modern Warfare. KTHXBYE.
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:36 pm «Top

PostRe: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine by Chef

Gornil wrote:This game is the worst fps shooter I have played in a good while. Can you actually make a more straight forward linear game? All you do is run around slowly behind crates and shoot orcs... Every enemy is the same and every corridor looks like the one you just ran through. Not even worth the 5$ I gave for it.

You did pick up the power axe didn't you?
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:53 pm «Top

PostRe: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine by Gornil

Chef wrote:

You did pick up the power axe didn't you?

Dunno, I've gotten to the part where you are on a train and have to blow up a stupid spaceship thing... I just cant understand what the hype about this game is. I have more fun sitting on the toilet pushing out a shit than playing this game :p I gave it a chance because people on here praises the game, but it's really boring. It's so linear and predictable. So whats really fun about it? Maybe if someone is a Warhammer fan I can understand how awesome it must be to actually be down by the action, but for me as a mere mortal, I really find the game boring and overhyped :/
Energizer bunny arrested, charged with battery.

Gornil

National Flag:
Norway
» Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:21 pm «Top

Gornil wrote:So whats really fun about it?
The campaign is melee centric. Run into that large group of orks and start swinging and using Finishing Moves to regain health. Then after you've bathed in your fill of Xenos blood play the Multiplayer and experience a completely different game. I'll concede the campaign is not one you will revisit time and time again but it's fun and challenging while it lasts. The multiplayer on the other hand is a master peice (now they've patched it). Team work and smart tactical play wins games (Capture and Control missions). Thanks to the "Copy Loadout" system that allows you to use the same equipment as the player that last killed you low level players aren't completely dominated by the higher level players that have unlocked all the best stuff.

Also you can make yourself look pretty! ... After you unlock armour items (yes, i'm still a little annoyed at this)...

Excuse my first retort. I can understand if you don't like the game but your reasoning was unfounded and i took offense (i can be defensive of games i love but are unpopular because they are different).

Please experince the game's full potential before you give up on it. It (and THQ) need support or new imaginative games will always lose out to the Modern Warfare clones.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:40 pm «Top