Batman, Assasin's Creed and lots of explosions

Warhammer 40K: Space Marine

PostWarhammer 40K: Space Marine by RubberJonny

Keep in mind it is still a work in progress but it looks like it is coming along nicely.

Game play footage from E3:

I've got to say i'm really impressed with what was shown in this demo.
Firstly the level design is fantastic looking. The buildings look great and really do give a feel of infinite scale while not invading the foreground.
The health system really impressed me. I generally hate health regen but this looks like one of the very few that work as it makes the player far from invulnerable and acts more like the after battle health pack you would see in the games before health regen became obligatory.
The weapns didn't feel like they carried infinte ammo like most games do these days and as a fan of Warhammer 40K i really like the weapon options and how they've been implemented into the game.

Multiplayer Customization:

Character customization is important to me and i know at least a couple of you who hold the option in high regard. You are given a good number of armour options and many colour options along with being able to choose the colour of individual parts of the armour rather than being forced to play as the preset Chapter colour. The number of Chapter options blew my mind as i always spend hours adding Chapters in the army painter in the DoW games and now they have the very specific detail i always wanted to add in DoW.

Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SpaceMarineGame
Keep up to date with the games progress. They have a couple of 10min Q&A videos that are worth checking out if you are interested in the game aswell as trailers and the such.

The Emperor Protects.
Jonny!
Last edited by RubberJonny on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:09 pm «Top

PostRe: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine by Chef

you slave to the false god Jonny,

you don't know the power to which i am master and slave to.

you faith in these pitful bretheren of yours will never match the untold legions of chaos.

(ooh i get to be a chaos marine, was hoping for orkyness)

Chef
Chef
Dungeon Master

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:24 pm «Top

PostRe: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine by RubberJonny

Although unlikely they may add Orks before it's release but it is more likely they will be added in DLC if they are added at all.

The oppertunity to wield a Heavy Bolter is the seller for me :P The game looks very solid in it's own right, in my opinon, but ever since i first read of the destructive power of the Heavy Bolter it has been a life goal to wield one and this game is one step closer to that goal :D

Hopefully details on the multiplayer will be given soon. Co-op is a must but i don't know how they will implement a versus mode but i am looking forward to this game more and more with the more they reveal about it.

Definitely a must have in my opinion :)
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:12 pm «Top

i do have to agree the weapons actually do look about right.... i.e. explosive tips on the bolters.

game balance would be very difficult with Marines vs other nasties... although could you imagine playing against Nids whereby casualties then spawn as more nids... (like in AvP)

Chef
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:30 pm «Top

With the different class option you could give other races more potential but i agree it is difficult to make it balanced while still maintaing some accuracy to the lore (it's not like you could really compare a Tau Fire Warrior to a Spess Mahreen :P)

Orks could certainly work as Nobz are essetially the Marine equivalent:

Tactical Marine: Nob
Devastator Marine: Ork Loota
Assault Marine: Nob Stormboy

With the addition of wargear and perks they could be easily balanced.

If they do start releasing additional races through DLC I'd love to see Necrons added they just don't seem to be featured enough in the games and the lore anymore :(

This game has tonnes of potential but i think we'll have to wait untill the sequel to see it reached.
For now, though, Warhammer 40, 000: Space Marine should be one of the best titles of 2011 :)
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:29 pm «Top

is it just for consoles though??

if so this will make me sad
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:25 pm «Top

It's on PC, Xbox and Playstation 3.
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:35 pm «Top

PostRe: Warhammer 40K: Space Marine by Runner

warhammer aint my thing but it does have a very solid background of depth and character for a good game to bring to life - hope it gives you what you want from it :)
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:08 pm «Top

Runner wrote:warhammer aint my thing but it does have a very solid background of depth and character for a good game to bring to life - hope it gives you what you want from it :)

This confirms my fears that those who do not know the 40K Universe will not be interested :(
They have certainly put alot of effort into keeping true to the Games Workshop IP but don't think that will make the game unplayable to someone such as yourself! Look at it this way: How many people who rave about Arkham Asylum do you think were originally fans of the comics?

It looks to be a brilliant game because of it's game play not because they are not butchering the 40K Universe :)

Who knows maybe the multiplayer could make a nice addition to the TBC Community (I certainly hope so!) :D

Peace!
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:27 pm «Top

well if i'm still in gainfull employment upon its release i may get it, and maybe we can see about building up a following...

after the disapointment of Brink, (not the game but the community) i really want to give something a go which is well a little bit different
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:35 pm «Top