Batman, Assasin's Creed and lots of explosions

Guild Wars 2 F2P

PostGuild Wars 2 F2P by RubberJonny

Guild Wars 2 is now Free-to-Play!
The Heart of Thorns expansion is set for release Fri 23rd October.

I was all aboard the hype train for this game before release but with underwhelming player reviews and, more importantly, too few people to play it with i couldn't commit to the purchase of the game. Now it is F2P i would be remiss not to at least try to get more people involved and really give this game a try.

One of the better features of GW is that you do not have to suffer the grind to compete in PvP as you have access to top level equipment and all available skills and traits when creating your PvP character.
This means we can party up an kick some ass immediately instead of putting hours/days/months in to the game before we can even consider entering an Arena.

Unfortunately free accounts do come with quite a few restrictions to gameplay but nothing game breaking and if you are really in to the game buying the Heart of Thorns expansion will remove all restrictions.
  • Fewer character slots.
  • Fewer bag slots.
  • No map chat.
  • Whisper chat has a 30 second wait time before starting new conversation with a player.
  • Only trade "common" goods.
  • Cannot mail gold or items directly to other players, trade gold for gems, or access guild vaults.
  • Must reach level 10 before leaving the starter zones.
  • Must reach level 30 before using the Looking for Group (LFG) tool.
  • Must reach level 60 before using World vs. World.
  • Must reach Rank 20 before using custom and unranked arenas.
- Full details. Let's party up and war with some guilds!

Download the game.

Peace Out!
Jonny!

NOTE: New topic created to invite new discussion about GW2 free-to-play status. Previous discussion.
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:45 pm «Top

PostRe: Guild Wars 2 F2P by Roosell

If I bought the game ages ago I assume I don't have these restrictions on my account? Been so long can't remember if GW2 ever had a subscription!

If a few people are interested in an MMO I will reinstall it. GW2 was fun, but got boring when I was on my own.
RIP Cuervo
Roosell

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Canada
» Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:04 pm «Top

PostRe: Guild Wars 2 F2P by RubberJonny

Roosell wrote:If I bought the game ages ago I assume I don't have these restrictions on my account? Been so long can't remember if GW2 ever had a subscription!
If a few people are interested in an MMO I will reinstall it. GW2 was fun, but got boring when I was on my own.
There are no account restrictions if you have a purchased copy of GW2 (Full details). ArenaNet have always prided themselves on not having a subscription fee for Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2.

I'm certain the Arena is where the most fun is to be had but i'm open to playing the PvE as well.

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:57 pm «Top

PostRe: Guild Wars 2 F2P by RampantBadger

GW2 was pretty good tbf, but suffered from the usual MMO stuff of requiring too much of a time commitment with a full time job and an interest in other games. Once there are only 2 of you playing it semi-regularly it just sort of dies.

I could probably be tempted back on if enough other people are up for it, but not gonna push it.

I wonder if the honourable clan of GGE still exists....
RampantBadger

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Canada
» Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:26 pm «Top