Batman, Assasin's Creed and lots of explosions

Dawn of War II: Last Stand

PostDawn of War II: Last Stand by Deadpunk

Me and Jonny got to reminiscing about the DoW II's awesome Last Stand mode at the weekend and thought we would try and get a few of us playing. I re-installed the game last night and turns out that now that GFWL is gone forever, all my Last Stand progress has been wiped. Not sure if that will be true for everyone but ho-hum. I've set up a mumble channel for anyone who wants to play (for the uninitiated it is 3 player co-op, but a random can fill in if you don't actually have 3).
I'm an alligator, I'm a mama-papa coming for you
I'm the space invader, I'll be a rock 'n' rollin' bitch for you
Deadpunk

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:25 pm «Top

PostRe: Dawn of War II: Last Stand by StuntKid

StuntKid

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:39 pm «Top

PostRe: Dawn of War II: Last Stand by Deadpunk

Believe so, I have it as part of DoW II itself, but we should be able to play across that and the standalone version.
I'm an alligator, I'm a mama-papa coming for you
I'm the space invader, I'll be a rock 'n' rollin' bitch for you
Deadpunk

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:46 pm «Top

PostRe: Dawn of War II: Last Stand by RubberJonny

Deadpunk wrote:GFWL is gone forever...
I forgot they removed it for Retribution but if you load up through the previous two titles (DoW II or Chaos Rising) it is still used last time i checked.

Deadpunk wrote:... all my Last Stand progress has been wiped.
Sucks, brah. All my characters are still saved but for some reason all my custom colour schemes are gone :'( I'll "prestige" some of my characters if people want to experience a fresh start.

Indeed. You will also have access to The Last Stand mode if you own any of the DoW II titles.

It is a butt load of fun and very easy to learn. If you'd prefer a less grindy experience the DLC Wargear is pretty useful though not enough to make you indomitable.

You can currently play as (if you own all titles and/or DLC):
Space Marine Captain
Ork Mekboy
Eldar Farseer
Tyranid Hive Tyrant
Chaos Sorcerer
Imperial Guard Lord General
Tau Shas'O Commander

A great feature about this game that it has over most other games in the same genre is that there is no particular "winning" set of wargear as most, if not all, the characters have some decent options based on the way you wish to play them. e.g. They can be built as a powerhouse, support or a mixture of both and for most none of these options is definitively better than the other. The only problem being you have to unlock the wargear to play those roles.

The DoW titles are always on sale so i highly recommend picking them up when you can and i look forward to playing with TBC.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:23 pm «Top

PostRe: Dawn of War II: Last Stand by RampantBadger

I'm up for this.

TP'ing all over the map as the mekboy and never getting killed ftw.
RampantBadger

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Canada
» Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:34 pm «Top

PostRe: Dawn of War II: Last Stand by Roosell

Not played that mode, but loved DoW2 so totally up for some.
RIP Cuervo
Roosell

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Canada
» Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:39 pm «Top

PostRe: Dawn of War II: Last Stand by RubberJonny

The Necron Overlord has just been added to the game and is FREE to download from 10th - 13th March!

The Last Standalone - £1.75
Tau Commander - £1.75

- When the end comes it will be not at the hand of any mortal being: Death will come at the hands of the ancients, those who determined our fate aeons before we stood erect upon the holy ground of Terra and gazed up into the starry night. -
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:12 am «Top

PostRe: Dawn of War II: Last Stand by RampantBadger

I'm up for actually trying to complete this again if anyone else is (once you have all got the division out of your system...)

P sure it will run on surface...? Might need to wait until I have non hotel based internet though.
RampantBadger

National Flag:
Canada
» Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:03 am «Top

PostRe: Dawn of War II: Last Stand by Roosell

Necron OP. Played two games, got to level 20 both times. wut.
RIP Cuervo
Roosell

National Flag:
Canada
» Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:05 pm «Top