Batman, Assasin's Creed and lots of explosions

Insurgency

PostInsurgency by RubberJonny

Insurgency is a competitive tactical shooter with a focus on realistic weapon behavior, including a suppression mechanic, that really shows what the Source Engine is capable of.
This game is the Counter Strike sequel players have been waiting for and with the support of an official server provider i believe that Insurgency should be added to the TBC catalogue.

I often describe Insurgency as a perfect cross between Counter Strike and Battlefield because it offers that equal opportunity of CS while having the updated mechanics and a plethora of game modes that keeps the BF games at the top of their class.

Total Biscuit has done a WTF Is... - Insurgency? if you're interested in learning about the game that way (the game has changed a little since this was recorded).
Quick overview:
The Load-Out System - Each team has two squads with several classes to choose from in each. When you've chosen your class you then have a set amount of 'Supply' points which you use to equip weapons, weapon mods, armour and equipment.

Game Play - It's heavily based around solid team work but it is still very playable with minimal communication. There are 6 pvp game modes all based around objectives (capture/destroy) and 2 co-op vs AI game modes. All those i have played thus far i have enjoyed immensely.

Game Mechanics - There are a handful of optics you can choose from with each weapon or you can stick with the trusty iron sights and there is no cross-hair but very close range hip fire can be quite effective with a little practice. Your ammo is counted in magazines instead of individual rounds; so count your shots if you want stay alive! There is also a suppression system that will throw off your aim when you're caught under heavy fire and will force you to get your ass in to cover asap.

Insurgency is available on Steam for only £11 and is easily 5 times the game CS:GO is and was promised to be. (Also Gwegs has a couple of dicounted Steam keys still available!)

I can't recommend Insurgency more highly for this community and i really wish to see more of TBC playing this game in the near future and possibly even a server if, and-when, it catches on.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed May 21, 2014 6:59 pm «Top

PostRe: Insurgency by Gweggles

Thanks RJ. Yeh message me for a copy. Less than £8.
Gweggles

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed May 21, 2014 11:37 pm «Top

PostRe: Insurgency by Runner

up for trying the game as I have it installed but have never played, sounds like it could be fun tbc game. Never say never but a server is a bit of a strecth as looking at the steam stats theres not enough people playing it for the game to feature in the top 100, traffic just isnt there to make a server worth while.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/?snr=1_steam_4__110
http://steamcharts.com/app/222880
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu May 22, 2014 10:36 am «Top

PostRe: Insurgency by MonkeyMoobs

If enough people have it we should set up a night sometime in the next week or so and all jump on a server and give it a go. I will buy it tomorrow and give it a try if anyone is about.
[18:02:00] butcherb: i love you but dont tell anyone xxx
MonkeyMoobs

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
Turkey
» Thu May 22, 2014 10:55 am «Top

PostRe: Insurgency by RubberJonny

Runner wrote:... theres not enough people playing it for the game to feature in the top 100, traffic just isn't there to make a server worth while.
http://store.steampowered.com/stats/?snr=1_steam_4__110
http://steamcharts.com/app/222880
Firstly, the lack of traffic is because of the lack of server providers. You have to support something if you want it to grow.

Secondly, good servers are always full and will help grow our community better than L4D, Smite and AoE II.

Thirdly, Global Offensive is second on Steam and BF3 was one of the most played games in the world and how many new members did they give us? Insurgency not only thrives on communication but because of its current relatively low player base those players are looking for a place to enjoy the game. Why not TBC?

Also we should unlock the registration; we can find a better way to deal with bots. I'd recommend adding a message that advises new members to make a post after they sign up so they are not mistaken for a bot and deleted.

On top of all this if, and when, we do finally all give Insurgency a go and if, and when, we all fall in love with it i will front the money for the server personally at no cost to TBC until such time as it takes off or crashes and burns.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu May 22, 2014 3:28 pm «Top

PostRe: Insurgency by Runner

some fair points in there, like I said I'm willing to give it a bash :)

As far as opening the registration that is fucked, I did so for syphro to join and in the 5 minutes it was open there where 10 bot joins. It's fucked and needs fixing, this is something that has annoyed me a lot - things will change
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu May 22, 2014 3:40 pm «Top

PostRe: Insurgency by butcher

im gonna be honest i have only played 6 hours of insurgency but those 6 hours where fun as shit i have laughed cried and mocked many a person. i like the load out system its not as punishing as the cs system where if you win you get more money (lets face it if i was on a team they lost:P) there are other aspects of the game i enjoy such as the peeking out of cover to twat that cunt in the face that had you supressed for about 6 weeks. as for the weapon mods yeah there isnt as many as lets say bf3-4 but there is enough variety in the maps to warrant changing your weapon mods and load out to counteract the environment or the opposing teams play style. i would recommend people try it as it may not be your cuppa (dont see why not tho as well all like pew pew pew games) if your not pushed on buying it off the bat try getting a hold of a mates copy (ask luke for his account info:P) in conclusion i highly recommend it the only thing lacking is more of us to play it
butcher

National Flag:
Ninja Island
» Thu May 22, 2014 10:52 pm «Top

Insurgency - £7
Offer ends 16 June
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:17 pm «Top

I have a couple of keys available for Insurgency (from Humble Bundle) that expire 9th December. Let me know if you're interested.

Peace!
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:29 pm «Top

PostRe: Insurgency by Chef

by the power of umbra i bring thee back from the dead....

does anyone still play insurgency? is it still good?
Chef
Dungeon Master

National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:23 am «Top