A place to rant about windows 8 GUI

Windows 8 Debate

PostRe: Windows 8 Debate by Chef

AngryCrocodile wrote:Tl:dr microsoft's certification means almost all the games we play wouldn't be distributed by windows, hence valve starting to support linux

its that bit i am most worried about
Chef
Dungeon Master

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Pirate Island
» Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:40 am «Top

PostRe: Windows 8 Debate by Trevor Hanley

I have a friend working on Windows 8 in the states. He always does a Q&A when he is allowed to discuss it (did one with intial announcement but obviously couldn't say a lot) so I assume he'll do one again soon.

From the limited I've seen from it it seems like they're trying to do something different which isn't normally a bad thing but with an OS seems a bit counter intiuitive...

Won't be buying it because Windows 7 is fine. Never see the point of upgrading OS until getting a new computer anyway (except Vista ofc)

Linux/unix is fine for most things just appaling for gaming. Few friends that are coders love it but for your generic user it's really not worth the hassle.
I'm a poo

Trevor Hanley

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
National Flag:
United Arab Emirates
» Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:08 pm «Top

PostRe: Windows 8 Debate by RubberJonny

Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:14 pm «Top

PostRe: Windows 8 Debate by AngryCrocodile

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/1802 ... InS-cXA-8C

Tl;dr Microsoft have taken an apparent u-turn on the whole mature game thing...
AngryCrocodile

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:04 am «Top

PostRe: Windows 8 Debate by Gornil

AngryCrocodile wrote:http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/180202/Windows_Store_revises_guidelines_to_support_Mature_games.php#.UInS-cXA-8C

Tl;dr Microsoft have taken an apparent u-turn on the whole mature game thing...

Thank god for that. I dont really mind the competition with online game shops (since it will be better for prices), but atm I think valve/steam is doing a great job. I havent bought anything from Origin except BF3 Premium (that you had to buy from there). The only thing I'm scared about is if all the games microsoft support (gfwl) will get removed from Steam (and origin if there is any there?) and only be accessible through Microsofts own portal...
Energizer bunny arrested, charged with battery.

Gornil

National Flag:
Norway
» Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:05 am «Top

PostRe: Windows 8 Debate by AngryCrocodile

Looks like Windows 8 is going to be a nope for dp and his megaboner for fallout 3...
AngryCrocodile

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:57 pm «Top

PostRe: Windows 8 Debate by Jasperman

Purchased for 30 euro downloading now
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:33 pm «Top

PostRe: Windows 8 Debate by Runner

Jasperman wrote:Purchased for 30 euro downloading now

I heard its quick to upgrade ;) x
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:45 pm «Top

PostRe: Windows 8 Debate by Jasperman

Runner wrote:
Jasperman wrote:Purchased for 30 euro downloading now

I heard its quick to upgrade ;) x

Im actually enjoying it. It works on both my screens (not at the same time but still pretty good)

Learning gap not so bad im sure theres a few features i've missed but so far it can do all and more than previous! very quick response and its integration of social networks, and emails is amazing :) so far im impressed :)

Only thing is ive to verify my games didnt take that into account during upgrade oh well :) but again thats an obvious one :D
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:51 am «Top

PostRe: Windows 8 Debate by Runner

lol yer im just trolling, need to clean instal my pc soon so im gonna run the release client for a bit and see what its like to live with before the discounts end in january - still dont agree with alot of the gestures but ill give it a run for its money
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:11 pm «Top