A place to rant about windows 8 GUI

Windows 8 Debate

PostRe: Windows 8 Debate by Runner

Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:08 pm «Top

PostRe: Windows 8 Debate by Runner

Right in my xmas boredom/laziness I have spent the last hour trying to understand the license changes in windows 8 pro OEM, I wanted to understand the rights you have about transferring the OS to a new computer or a rebuild.

Basically Microsoft has done away with the Full retail copy and written in terms to the OEM version that give you the right as user to transfer you os to a different pc as long as the OS is on one PC and you can do this 5 times before having to call up to reactivate. You do not appear to have this right from a product key bundled with a pre-built PC but if you buy the OEM separate to a computer you have individual user rights that where normally only attributed to the full version in previous OS's such as 7.

http://personaluselicense.windows.com/e ... fault.aspx

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... c34b336766

http://www.zdnet.com/how-the-new-window ... 000003028/

I hope this information is helpful to someone, I have always found the licensing terms of OEM software to be very confusing in previous versions.
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:04 pm «Top

PostRe: Windows 8 Debate by RubberJonny

Nice one, brah. They really need to neaten up the legal babble to a simple yes and no rather than the convoluted bs they plaster all over everything. Good to know you can use the OEM for re-installs.

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:10 pm «Top

Run Windows 8 applications windowed:
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com
Download here.

Source.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:43 pm «Top

RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:49 pm «Top

PostRe: Windows 8 Debate by Jasperman

So true :-) fuck you indeed!!!
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:37 pm «Top