A place to rant about windows 8 GUI

Windows 8 Start Button

PostWindows 8 Start Button by RubberJonny

If you are looking for a Start Button for Windows 8 look no further thanks to an open source application titled Classic Shell.
We can report that the application installed without a hint of trouble, and as soon as we clicked on its shell-like Start button we were offered a nice set of options to arranged Windows 8 so that it resembled versions of Windows past.

The authors aren't 100 per cent certain that Classic Shell will work with Windows 8, as the app's FAQ indicates, there's not been formal testing under the RTM version made available for download last week. We've not been able to test Classic Shell for long, but after an hour or so of experimentation can report that if Windows 8 is inflicted upon you, it'll do the job.
Source.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:31 pm «Top

PostRe: Windows 8 Start Button by Runner

nice find, I'm swerving windows 8, 7 was a very good reaction to apples competition and is by far the best os imo but 8 looks like a panicked idea to get ahead of the curve that was conceived during a drinking game to which microsoft are to proud to back down on the stupid idea.

It's always good to see 3rd parties offering other solutions but I think microsoft trying to forcibly phase out the desktop is gonna be one of the biggest blunders of all time - gonna make vista look like a piece of work by Da Vinchi

XD
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:47 pm «Top

PostRe: Windows 8 Start Button by StuntKid

Runner wrote:Da Vinchi

who????! :roll:

I'm sticking with Win7 for now. Just like how XP had kept up through the Vista phase. Only thing that annoys me is the windows button protrudes above the taskbar.
StuntKid

National Flag:
Pokemon Island
» Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:00 pm «Top