Everything from electric can openers to your latest gaming rig

Asus crosshair v thunderbolt

PostAsus crosshair v thunderbolt by Wingers

What a useless company asus are,

Decided to update to above motherboard and get myself an 8core amd fx processor.

Fully checked specs and found that above board supported the processor, checked the vendor approved memory support and ordered 24gb of ram.

Opened and installed to rage this entire evening as I now have 2 computers in bits and have found that yes they do support it however not out of the box.

You have to boot up your new motherboard with an older am3+ CPU to enable you to update the bios for supporting amd fx cpu's.

This was a known fault over six months ago.

Due to me upgrading from an am2 CPU, I am now goosed and have got to go and buy a cheap sempron processor just to update my bios.

ASUS I AM NOT IMPRESSED YOU BUNCH OF MONKEYS.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Will give you all a real review when I finally get my rig re-built and up and running.

Oh yeah who in the right mind details a 24gb ram package as being supported in the vendor approved list to find the pack consists of 6 x 4gb dimms and you only have 4 dimm slots.

Really want to slap someone from asus right now!!!!!!!!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=56.007024,-4.753094
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wingers

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
» Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:36 pm «Top

PostRe: Asus crosshair v thunderbolt by RubberJonny

Wingers wrote:Fully checked specs and found that above board supported the processor, checked the vendor approved memory support and ordered 24gb of ram.

You have to boot up your new motherboard with an older am3+ CPU to enable you to update the bios for supporting amd fx cpu's.

This was a known fault over six months ago.

Firstly: You are blaming Asus becuase you failed to correctly research before purchasing?
Secondly: It is not a "fault" for a MB to require updating to support a newer CPU.

I hope you find a quick and easy way to resolve your problems but i hope you won't bash a product because of a personal bad experience that is user related.

Peace Out!
Jonny!

P.S. 24GB of RAM, really? I mean come on.
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:48 pm «Top

PostAsus crosshair v thunderbolt by Wingers

I love the functionality of the asus board, just had to rage about it due to the processor support issue.
Needed some kind of release, don't get me wrong I already have asus products and they are very good.

Just having a wee rant

;)

Ps the second point about the newer CPU, from release of this board assus have said it supports 8core fm processors.

But they didn't and have had to release bios update to resolve.

So technically it does support it, but what a pain trying to sort it out if you dont happen to have an am3 chip sitting around.
Have to 3 am2 chips lying around but no am3's

:(

24gb of ram was cheap as hell and I thought why not.
So will have 8gb of ram spare.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=56.007028,-4.753072
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wingers

» Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:21 pm «Top