Everything from electric can openers to your latest gaming rig

Shanks's New Build

PostRe: need help by Runner

Well I'd be tempted to wait for a 660ti as my 560ti has been amazing and the new 600 series architecture is bound to be even better and the price simular.

Having said that I'd stick with asus as they really got the best out of the chip and who knowshow quick they will be to release their version. Rumours are riffe that is will be mid august release between 16th-19th but nothings set in stone on that.

If you can't wait another 3-5 weeks than get an asus 560ti and well theres 3 options imo

1) £175 my card 560ti top 1gb 900mhz - http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-asus ... e+shopping

2) £172 2gb version of the same card above http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-asus ... e+shopping

3) £205 560 ti 448 - a newer version that has lower clock speeds but a third more shader cores putting inline with the 570's http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1280mb-a ... e+shopping

From my experience I'd say the 2gb 560ti TOP at £172 is great value for money, the 448 version is massive and will consume all space inside your pc so not sure its worth the extra price and shaders.

Long term I'd wait and buy a 660ti from asus on release, short term I'd buy 2gb asus 560ti top now http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-asus ... e+shopping
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
User Details: Show details
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:53 pm «Top

PostRe: need help by RubberJonny

Runner wrote:2) £172 2gb version of the same card above http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-asus ... e+shopping

Long term I'd wait and buy a 660ti from asus on release, short term I'd buy 2gb asus 560ti top...
It's not even a truely short term solution. Fortunately not all games are intensive as BF3 so it should last a good while especially as i'm sure Shanks can live without running everything maxed out =)

Guru3d review.

Peace Out!
Jonny!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:56 pm «Top

PostRe: need help by Runner

very true :)

Shanks I running the 1 gb card on an i7 with 6gb and I play bf3 absolutely fine on the high settings so you should be grand, and the source engine is made mince meat out of with this card :)
Signed Runner

RampantBadger wrote:bono is on full turbo fisting mode right now. Have had to sack off work and am lying in bed watching police squad 5 minutes at a time, then having to take a 10 minute break before I gavomit.
Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:22 pm «Top

PostRe: need help by Jasperman

Did you dig up an old thread for this???!
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

Raging Goblin wrote:He raged at the world,
at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:50 pm «Top

PostRe: need help by RubberJonny

Jasperman wrote:Did you dig up an old thread for this???!
This is Shanks' topic about his new build. The latest posts are about what GPU he should consider. We suggest waiting for the 660 but the 2GB 560ti is a cheaper and viable option.

What do you think?

Peace!
Man Will Never Be Free Until The Last King Is Strangled With The Entrails Of The Last Priest
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:37 pm «Top

PostRe: Shank's New Build by Runner

lol I've updated the name of the thread to avoid further confusion :)
Signed Runner

Runner
Founder

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:18 pm «Top

PostRe: Shanks's New Build by Jasperman

well i guess i should pay attention. im feeling a reinstall is needed so i may decide to acquire a SSD and a new GPU while im at it!
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:29 pm «Top

PostRe: Shanks's New Build by RubberJonny

Jasperman wrote:well i guess i should pay attention. im feeling a reinstall is needed so i may decide to acquire a SSD and a new GPU while im at it!
Wait for the 660 ;)
With the recent price drop of SSDs i can recommend them but if you need a lot of storage for a single application (i.e. Steam) they are still not worth it. Good for a boot drive though.

Peace!
RubberJonny

National Flag:
Great Britain
» Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:01 pm «Top

PostRe: Shanks's New Build by Jasperman

RubberJonny wrote:
Jasperman wrote:well i guess i should pay attention. im feeling a reinstall is needed so i may decide to acquire a SSD and a new GPU while im at it!
Wait for the 660 ;)
With the recent price drop of SSDs i can recommend them but if you need a lot of storage for a single application (i.e. Steam) they are still not worth it. Good for a boot drive though.

Peace!

of course it will be a boot drive :D
Signed
Jasperman

TBC Facebook Page
TBC Steam Group
Join DropBox

at his family,
at his life.
But mostly he just raged
Jasperman
Founder

National Flag:
Ireland
» Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:40 pm «Top